Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where is TVR?

Also I'm not sure if this has already been touched upon, but there was both a V8 and a Straight-6 version of the AJP engine used in TVRs after the Rover V8.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVR_Speed_Eight_engine"]TVR Speed Eight engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TVR_Speed_Six_engine"]TVR Speed Six engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

You don’t buy a TVR because you want to be sensible, you buy one because they look and sound great and you want to be diffrent, I mean their a bit more exciting than a Porsche Boxster. TVR’s are awesome, and that’s that.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    As a dude who has had a Rover V8'd car and a (BMW) I6'd car, I prefer the sound of an I6 any day. The V8 is evocative, burbly lovelyness but the I6 is pure mechanical bliss to my ears.
    Having tried the M3 V8 and the straight six engined Z4M, there's no doubt that the old six is the wildest more exciting animal.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Why? Some of their engines are only decently warmed-up after about 20-minutes of driving (you shouldn't rev a Speed Six above 4k rpm until the oil has warmed up - not if you don't want to pay for an engine rebuild anyway). A Tuscan is actually a very comfortable and capable long-distance car. I'd certainly tour Europe in one, as many of our club members do.
    As I said, it's more about me rather than the car itself. As it's surely more special than an M3 or a GranTurismo, for some irrational reasons I wouldn't use it as my main car.

Thinking about it, possibly it would be epically awesome to use it to reach your work. There was a guy in Modena, some sort of business man, who used a 997 GT3 RS as his daily drive.

Ok, I take it back, bring the Tuscan!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Even if TVR comes back, they won't be able to built their own engine anymore (unless they raise their prices significantly, because building that engine is rather expensive), so they would need to buy engines from an other manufacturer. Guess that would be BMW, then.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

The straight six is a dying greed even at BMW, so that may cause a bit of a problem.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well, they're saying the next M3 could be use the N54 or an evolution thereof, so it's not gone yet.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

So it will be like a bigger, heavier 1M Coupé?

Excellent!
    Visca Catalunya!

my singular experience with a TVR (the t350 or whatever the hell model it was, it's hard to tell) left me unimpressed. a nice engine in a plastic kit car was pretty much the feeling i got when i stepped out of it. i really don't see tvr making a comeback and i'm not sure i want them to.. let the fans revel in the glory days rather than sully the name with further products.

if i wanted a crude plastic car i'd buy a corvette, at least i know it will actually start and has a warranty worth a damn.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

true, but you'd also like to turn corners and not have everyone say "_anker" as you drove past
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

"what's that? I can't hear you over my v8 vroom vroom"

i sort of think noble is the next best thing for TVR fans at the moment. still a bit raw but not to the point where it's just detriemntal.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I see a 'vette around here sometimes, to be honest next to the falcodores and whatnot they kinda work. It probably helps that it's black so it's not so ostentatious, and it's not a large car, compared to what it's parked next to.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i sort of think noble is the next best thing for TVR fans at the moment. still a bit raw but not to the point where it's just detriemntal.
    Again, another car which is more unreliable than a TVR, yet doesn't get the same press, and that I would still sell my scrotum for.

That said, they ironed out the problems on the later cars, but so did TVR.

TVR dead. Deader.
    But, fear not British lunatics and lovers thereof, you'll be able to buy a TVR wind turbine soon.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information