Thread: Mighty 1,000hp Ferrari SF90 Stradale revealed ...

Mighty 1,000hp Ferrari SF90 Stradale revealed ...

Ferrari have revealed the company's very first series production plug-in hybrid vehicle, the SF90 Stradale. Being a Ferrari, this is not any old plug-in hybrid as it features a drivetrain that is good for a combined 1,000hp. This consists of an enlarged version of the twin-turbo V8, which alone produces 780hp and is mated to a new eight-speed automatic gearbox. The remaining 220hp is added through three electric motors of which two drive the front wheels. On electric power alone, the SF90 Stradale can drive 25km. The SF90 Stradale also features a sophisticated aerodynamics package that can generate 390kg of downforce at 250km/h. Thanks to the surplus of power and all-wheel drive, the new plug-in hybrid Ferrari can accelerate to 100km/h in 2.5 seconds and on to a top speed of 340km/h.

Enjoy the links:

2019 Ferrari SF90 Stradale - Images, Specifications and Information
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

If what I read about this car is true, I think that Ferrari is on the wrong path. If this car is going to be a non limited production model, then the word "exclusive" will disappear from Ferrari.

I believe this should be a limited production model. I would cap it at 900 units (SF90 plus a zero) as this is just a LaFerrari for the road without production number limits. If the price is above the 812, which I think it will be, why would you want one if you know it is not limited in numbers. I'm afraid this has come about by Ferrari being "floated" as a company and shareholders force Ferrari to put profits first then passion second. I might be wrong and I hate to say this but I think this car will be a commercial flop. I think it won't sell in the numbers Ferrari are projecting (I heard 2000 per year). Time will tell of course. As for the car, it is too extreme looking not to be a limited edition car and I don't like the square lights at the back as they are too small. If I ever get the chance to see one in the flesh, I might change my mind but it is definitely very striking to look at.

2000 a year sounds insanely high, if that is true. Holy smokes. This thing is gonna cost a mint too.

I guess they're trying to expand the lineup, like everyone. A slot above the RMR V8 and in between their limited supercar for the SF90, and long standing rumours of an "entry" level Ferrari and SUV. Whatever. It ain't like I can every drive these things.

Thread Information