Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Layout

Quote Originally Posted by PBB
    What happened to thread Egg Nog made yesterday in which he stated, in summary, "The new look is horrible and unprofessional."???

It seems to have been deleted...
    do we need more than one thread about the new lay-out? Eggnog is travelling, did not take enough time to find this thread and decided to do something less productive by opening a new one. He will of course be duly informed.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    I personally have no problems with readibility, even taking into account that I use a wide screen laptop. Many users have issued positive comments, and as it is always the case the few who are opposing make the most noise.
    It is now the same layout as Ferrari chat, can't be that wrong.
    What you say about those that make the most noise is true but why would someone that likes the change or doesn't know any better make noise?

Being the same as Ferrari chat is a plus but remember Ferraris are known for bad ergonomics. Maybe Ferrari chat members like to grab their mice and move them as if through a gated shifter.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

do we need more than one thread about the new lay-out? Eggnog is travelling, did not take enough time to find this thread and decided to do something less productive by opening a new one. He will of course be duly informed.
    So now "less productive" means "a scalding review by a respected senior member"? It seems rather obvious that the management here lacks the character to allow people to express articulate and reasoned, however dissident, opinions.

So now "less productive" means "a scalding review by a respected senior member"? It seems rather obvious that the management here lacks the character to allow people to express articulate and reasoned, however dissident, opinions.
    I hope you understood what I meant. The relevance of two threads dealing with the same subject is limited. If Eggnog will be in a position to post more regularly his opinion is more than welcome here. This is not a matter censorship in any way, it is just a matter of keeping discussions co-ordinated.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    What you say about those that make the most noise is true but why would someone that likes the change or doesn't know any better make noise?
    there were many "positive" noisemakers, and while they were seeing that what they liked is permanent, there is no need to keep on making noise. They will became vocal again with the next change

I hope you understood what I meant.
    I understand the lies you are trying to spoon feed me.
    And I don't like that you think I'm that dumb.

I understand the lies you are trying to spoon feed me.
    And I don't like that you think I'm that dumb.
    lies??? Using that word in your first sentence makes a mockery of the second....

PBB what exactly is the point you want to make?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

That of the three non-solicited threads made regarding the new layout, the two them that were posted in a "What's going on manner?" were locked while the third by Egg Nog in which he voiced his disapproval was immediately deleted show the following statement is a lie. If there wasn't a admin/mod tool known as "Thread Merge", it would be believable.
    This is not a matter censorship in any way, it is just a matter of keeping discussions co-ordinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    PBB what exactly is the point you want to make?
    My original viewpoint that I would like to reiterate is that it would be very simple to apply the old forum look as a vBulletin skin to allow people the flexibility to view the forums individually as they prefer.

i don't see the point in argueing. the website is run by people who have put a lot of time and effort into making it how THEY want.

its fair enough to put feedback that you don't like it, but demanding that it be changed or extra features added is just wrong.

suppose someone came into your hosue and started moving round your stuff jbecasue they thought it looked better or demanded that you do it.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

That of the three non-solicited threads made regarding the new layout, the two them that were posted in a "What's going on manner?" were locked while the third by Egg Nog in which he voiced his disapproval was immediately deleted show the following statement is a lie. If there wasn't a admin/mod tool known as "Thread Merge", it would be believable.
    The other threads were made before I started this one.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    i don't see the point in argueing. the website is run by people who have put a lot of time and effort into making it how THEY want.

its fair enough to put feedback that you don't like it, but demanding that it be changed or extra features added is just wrong.

suppose someone came into your hosue and started moving round your stuff jbecasue they thought it looked better or demanded that you do it.
    I agree, somewhat. We shouldn't necessarily demand change, but it's good for the viewers of this website to provide feedback and possible suggestions as to how this layout can be made better. Going w/ what PBB said, is it possible to provide the older layout in a vbulletin skin, or would it create more problems? If it's a simple fix for Wouter, I suppose it couldn't hurt, but if it would create more harm than good, I guess we would all have to conform to the way it is now.

I personally don't have too much of a problem with the site as it is, I quite like it to tell you the truth. Readability is a bit tough in some areas, but it's not THAT bad.

My original viewpoint that I would like to reiterate is that it would be very simple to apply the old forum look as a vBulletin skin to allow people the flexibility to view the forums individually as they prefer.
    The horizontal layout is a global setting and can not be changed with a skin.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    The horizontal layout is a global setting and can not be changed with a skin.
    So the idea is ruled out. I think I mentioned something about adding 50-100 pixels of dead space to the posts, to make it less 'squashed' so to speak, good idea or no?

Thread Information