Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Layout

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    i don't see the point in argueing. the website is run by people who have put a lot of time and effort into making it how THEY want.

its fair enough to put feedback that you don't like it, but demanding that it be changed or extra features added is just wrong.

suppose someone came into your hosue and started moving round your stuff jbecasue they thought it looked better or demanded that you do it.
    1. The arguing isn't about the layout exactly, it's about how a thread that could have closed or merged was deleted and subsequent claims that that's not censorship.
    2. There is no "demanding", there is only the offering of solutions.
    3. But that's not an issue with using vBulletins skins. The analogy for how vBulletins skins work is like a light switch on the wall that instantly rearranges the furniture and repaints the entire house. When a stranger else comes in and they don't like the way the house looks, they can flip the switch and *poof*, instantly a new look and functionality. When you, the home owner, came in flip the switch and your house looks like you want it.
    See my post here about how the vBulettins skins work: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...4&postcount=62

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    The horizontal layout is a global setting and can not be changed with a skin.
    That must be something in your hacks.
    I do know for sure LS1Tech is standard vBulletin and they can change from vertical to horizontal with the skins. (Screenshots enclosed)

I will look into this for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PBB
    That must be something in your hacks.
    My hacks?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen
    My hacks?
    Your programming...

What version of vBulletin is UCP running?

Your programming...
    In the standard vBulletin software it is a global setting. If skins are ever introduced, they will very likely be a premium feature anyways.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

My psychiatrist doesnt think it's wise for me to enter a room with more then 1 button
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Quote Originally Posted by PoRsChEnUt
    My psychiatrist doesnt think it's wise for me to enter a room with more then 1 button
    Is he against free will or just into conservation of electricity?
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by PerfAdv
    Is he against free will or just into conservation of electricity?
    His psychiatrist may be a potential pervert, but that is under deep examination. Keeping subjects from pressing buttons is cruel and unusual punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    His psychiatrist may be a potential pervert, but that is under deep examination. Keeping subjects from pressing buttons is cruel and unusual punishment.
    you havent see me push a button
    Driver for Ultimatecarpage.competition
    Team Manager of Ultimatecarpage.competition

NGT Champion ZAC2 League
    Team Champion ZAC2 League
    NGT Champion ZAC3 League
    Team Champion ZAC3 League

Truly, the person(s) who came up with the QWERTY keyboard was a sadist. In addition, alas the art of handwriting is lost. I asked a younger kid and he didn't know what a fountain pen even was.

*I'm not even BoJ, however this latest turn in the thread is disturbing.

[/stop deviation]
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

That of the three non-solicited threads made regarding the new layout, the two them that were posted in a "What's going on manner?" were locked while the third by Egg Nog in which he voiced his disapproval was immediately deleted show the following statement is a lie. If there wasn't a admin/mod tool known as "Thread Merge", it would be believable.
    I will reiterate my original post, from which you very selectively quoted and subsequently accused me of telling lies.

I hope you understood what I meant. The relevance of two threads dealing with the same subject is limited. If Eggnog will be in a position to post more regularly his opinion is more than welcome here. This is not a matter censorship in any way, it is just a matter of keeping discussions co-ordinated.

You may not know that Eggnog is currently travelling in South East Asia and that his access to computers is limited. I am sure that Eggnog will repeat his comments in this thread as soon as he is aware that it exists. Obviously you are not clever enough to understand that having the same discussion in two threads is very unproductive. PerfAd made the same points in the deleted thread as he made here, so nothing of the arguments has been lost.

It has been a very long time ago that somebody called me a liar, and I can tell that did no go down very well.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    It has been a very long time ago that somebody called me a liar, and I can tell that did no go down very well.
    Liar.

Liar.

defying the purpose of the horizontal layout, to reduce the amout of white, idiot
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

For me, the quality of the forums makes the vertical/horizontal layout immaterial.
    That said, I do prefer the old color scheme for the forums, but I really like this scheme for the balance of the site.

Thread Information