Thread: Hamann Porsche Cayenne S

Hamann Porsche Cayenne S

Displacement can be only replaced by higher displacement and so HAMANN developed the HM 5.6 engine. The installation of a special crankshaft, the enlargement of the cylinder bores and the fitting of bigger forged pistons increases the capacity of the normally aspirated V8 engine from 4,511 cm³ to 5,554 cm³. In addition there are installed sport camshafts, the air induction is modified and the HAMANN stainless steel high performance exhaust system including special manifolds, free-flow metal-bed catalysts and a rear sport silencer with four tailpipes is fitted. Special mappings for the ECU and the onboard-diagnosis system perfectly coordinate the new components. As a result this engine isn't only very powerful but also has an excellent emission behaviour and a low fuel consumption.

The HAMANN HM 5.6 increased-capacity engine delivers 400 hp / 294 kW at 6,000 rpm. The maximum torque of 600 Nm is already achieved at 3,000 rpm. The road performances of the tuned SUV are improved accordingly: The sprint from 0 – 100 km/h only takes 6.4 seconds instead of 7.2 seconds on the standard car. With a maximum speed of 268 km/h the Cayenne S with HAMANN HM 5.6 engine exceeds its basic car by more than 25 km/h.

The Porsche Cayenne Turbo can be soon tuned up with the HAMANN PCT 540
    performance tuning stage. With this kit the turbocharged 4.5 liter V8 delivers 540 hp / 397 kW and a maximum torque of 720 Nm at 2,950 rpm. Maximum speed is about 287 km/h. A HAMANN PCT 620 version with 620 hp / 456 kW is in the pipeline.

To be able to make use of the high road performances of the HAMANN tuned Porsche SUV, there is recommended the fitting of HAMANN 22-inch light alloy wheels which don't only enhance the look of the car but also improve driving dynamics. Especially for the Porsche Cayenne they developed multi-piece HAMANN light alloy wheels in two different designs. In one way the SUV can be furnished with HAMANN ANNIVERSARY II 10.5Jx22 multi-spoke wheels. In the same size there are alternatively available HAMANN PG3 five-spoke wheels. Both wheel designs can be driven with 295/30 ZR 22 tires front and rear.

The HAMANN suspensions are particularly set up for the use with the ultra-flat 22-inch tires. Cars with conventional steel springs can be lowered by about 35 millimeters using progressively coiled HAMANN sport springs. The Cayenne models with pneumatic suspension can be modified using the electronic HAMANN suspension control which lowers the car by about 40 millimeters.

HAMANN doesn't only customize the look of the Porsche SUV with big 22-inch wheels and the matching lowering of the bodywork: HAMANN offers design components for both models – whether Cayenne S or Turbo. They alternatively give the Porsche a purebred off road look or an even more sporty design for the predominant use on the road.

The HAMANN off road package starts with a front bar made from chromed stainless steel which is custom-made for both Cayenne versions. The exclusive HAMANN accessory part doesn't only have an optical function: The robust front element protects the bumper against damages which can for instance occur at parking. The underride guard, which is integrated in the front bar, has such a solid dimension that it can also stand heavy-duty off road operation.

HAMANN additionally upgrades the Cayenne with solid stainless steel stepboards. These accessory parts don't only grant the four-wheel drive Porsche a shining appearance in the truest sense of the world: They also guard the side sills especially off the beaten track and also make getting in and out of the car easier.

The HAMANN ONROAD bodystyling kit starts with a front apron which replaces the standard bumper. This accessory part is offered for the Cayenne S or Turbo just like the HAMANN panel for the tailgate or the HAMANN rear apron panel with cut-outs for the standard exhaust system or the HAMANN sport exhaust system. The HAMANN roof spoiler rounds out the bodystyling kit.

In addition they developed special HAMANN fender flarings which make the wheel houses look smaller. Beyond it HAMANN offers strikingly styled headlight moldings and custom-made rear light units with four lamps each.

HAMANN of course also provides exclusive options for the interior such as sporty accessories like a footrest and pedals made from aluminium or high-grade velours floormats with HAMANN logo. The cockit can be arranged even more exclusively with custom-made HAMANN full leather trims which are available in all possible colors.

In addition HAMANN also offers a state-of-the-art multimedia-system for all Cayenne models. The package includes a DVD-changer, LCD-screens integrated into the front headrests and wireless headphones. The system can be expanded with a TV-tuner and a game console.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Hamann Porsche Cayenne S #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

EeeEEEEEwww I don't llike this!!!! A Porsche shouldn't be tuned unless by TECHart..... it's rediculous, looks at the taillights, it's just like a ricer-car!!! That's not what the Cayenne is for!!! (Pics though are great, like allways Matt )

Quote Originally Posted by IL Duce
    EeeEEEEEwww I don't llike this!!!! A Porsche shouldn't be tuned unless by TECHart..... it's rediculous, looks at the taillights, it's just like a ricer-car!!! That's not what the Cayenne is for!!! (Pics though are great, like allways Matt )
    i agree,

What a beast, driving one must be awesome.

I don't like the taillights nor the headlights... Well every change in the outside makes her look uglier than stock. But the engine is a beast, the Turbo version modified will be amazing.

Thanks for the pics.
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 03-10-2004 at 03:28 PM.

DAMNIT! If Ricers were not around, people would be most likely complimenting those headlights. Personally I quite like them. Naturally, great pics Matt. Keep em coming!

just a thought: if porsche had invented the whole ricer thing, would we all frown upon it so much? is it because it's japanese, or because it's just really bad!?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows
    just a thought: if porsche had invented the whole ricer thing, would we all frown upon it so much? is it because it's japanese, or because it's just really bad!?
    I guess you've never seen a guy in a really ugly civic driving down the road thinking he is all cool...

i have actually, but i've also seen a guy drive downthe street ina bright pink Porsche with bling thinking he's all cool, it makes no difference to what the car is, rice is an attitude....
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

i have actually, but i've also seen a guy drive downthe street ina bright pink Porsche with bling thinking he's all cool, it makes no difference to what the car is, rice is an attitude....
    I think if porsche started the whole rice thing people would still hate it.

I would like to point out that its quite ironic how IB4R's sig talks about the ugly Subaru thing, in the ugly tuned car thread.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

I just want the engine

Look at these pictures and imagine that it was 30% smaller. If you look at it this way, its basically the ultimate hot hatch

If you put a weight on its roof and squash it I bet you would come out with a 4 seater Boxter.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Thread Information