Thread: 6 Hr Regularity relay at Bathurst 5-6 April 2010 get in quick

6 Hr Regularity relay at Bathurst 5-6 April 2010 get in quick

I got a email from Charles jardine that runs the FOSC track events, this year at Bathurst they will be running a 6hr regularity relay race for supersprinters etc.

I would get a team in quick as the event will be oversubscribed very quickly

From the email sent to me

Quote:
    SHARE THE DREAM OF DRIVING MT PANORAMA

Pick your team for the 6-Hour Mountain Relay.

If you’ve ever wanted to compete at the world famous Mt Panorama circuit here’s the chance of a lifetime. The Festival of Sporting Cars, who re-introduced club level motor sport to Bathurst at Easter 2008, invites you and your club to participate in the first ever 6-Hour Mountain Relay on 5 & 6 April 2010.

You don’t need a Supercar or pots of money.

This CAMS sanctioned regularity event is open to everyone with a road (or club) registered or log-booked car. So it’s ideal for drivers who may have competed in supersprints or rallies and want to live the dream of running at the Mountain in the company of their mates and fellow club members. As a team event, not only the costs and driving can be shared, but also the excitement and camaraderie. Teams may comprise from 4 to 6 cars and drivers, and points will be awarded for consistency in recorded lap times. Remember, this is not a race and we don’t give out trophies – it’s all about keeping a cool head while having fun.

The buzz without the pressure.

The event will commence with driver briefings, course familiarisation and practice on Monday, with an hour’s lunch-break in the middle. On Tuesday, there will be a 6-hour team relay, split into two 3-hour stints. If your car is precious, or you’re daunted by the circuit, there’s no need to be nervous, we put safety first. You’ll receive training from The Masters – a team of well-known racing drivers with over 100 Bathurst endurance races to their names – who’ll help ensure that you don’t get out of your depth. You should be able to drive your car there, compete in it and drive home.

Get in now to ensure a place.

Numbers will be restricted to ensure that everyone has optimum access to resources like The Masters and there is no overcrowding on the track, so places will fill up fast. Given the interest we’ve already received, we urge you to get in early with an Expression of Interest. You’ll find the online EOI form, plus entry details and costs, at our website FoSC Home Page or you can contact Event Director Charles Jardine [email protected] or (02) 9907 0136. Clubs are welcome to hire corporate suites for viewing and entertaining members, families and guests. Also, we may be able to arrange a Concours, displays or parade laps, if there is sufficient demand.

I stress again if you want to enter a team get in quick and send off a EOI ASAP

Cheers
    John
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

regularity - that's where you guess a time and try to match it? hmmm tempted
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yep clutch you pick a time and try to match it lap after lap, you can nominate a balls out time or a comfortable time for driver and car. It looks like the easter weekend will be for racing and the Wednesday for regularity with a masters session on Tuesday for new drivers to the circuit.

Clutch if you can get a team organised I would do it, I know Im counting down the days to I get some more laps there, its a fantastic place

SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Thread Information