Thread: FOSC, Festival of Sporting cars @ Bathurst Easter 2008

Please video someone please.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Maybe... just maybe i can come.

possibly be broke after GWPE3
    The Datto will rage again...

You think your broke the nephews just bought 10 new tyres at 240 a tyre, dont know yet if tyres will be available up there
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

ouch...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

$240 a tyre?

Do they cook your dinner or something?
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

thats not at all suprising.

Tyres are the biggest killer in racing. Esp drifting obviously but yeh, you get what you pay for...
    The Datto will rage again...

don't drifters just slap nankangs on their skid rims?

my front left tire always wears out first, mainly because of QR..and i can't rotate my wheels
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    $240 a tyre?

Do they cook your dinner or something?

Thats cheap, we run 195/60/14 on the turbo rollas and a huge 185/0/13 on the NA rollas.

A few guys run 245/50/18 and their 450 a pop

We are due for new tyres on the turbos mainly rear, 450nm blow the rears off even in 4th gear. The plan is change fronts to the back, new fronts for practice and qualifying, then new tyres front and rear for the races and hopefully have a few decent spares if we get some flat spots. If we need more the cheque book comes out. Found out Yokohama will be there to support the IP guys with tyres now

We have booked into Orange as Bathurst City has no accommodation which is a pain as its 50 kays away. We were thinking of camping but if the weather turns nasty we dont want to risk it
    Last edited by charged; 01-17-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    Maybe... just maybe i can come.

possibly be broke after GWPE3
    I'm broke before and after.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Thats cheap, we run 195/60/14 on the turbo rollas and a huge 185/0/13 on the NA rollas.

A few guys run 245/50/18 and their 450 a pop
    lucky my track tires are 255/55/R17 at the rear... i know 17" wheels are supposed to have more choice in rubber, but it's still farking expensive

We are due for new tyres on the turbos mainly rear, 450nm blow the rears off even in 4th gear.
    450nm? wow

We have booked into Orange as Bathurst City has no accommodation which is a pain as its 50 kays away. We were thinking of camping but if the weather turns nasty we dont want to risk it
    I rang the Abercrombie Motor Inn today, a good budget joint where MSN & I stayed least Easter - very close to trackside. Full up I'm afraid but they forwarded me on to Bathurst Tourist Council who said there was still accommodation available locally, as they had just completed a phone survey yesterday. They were going to e-m me their list (which I was going to post up for you) but it is yet to arrive

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lucky my track tires are 255/55/R17 at the rear... i know 17" wheels are supposed to have more choice in rubber, but it's still farking expensive

450nm? wow
    They are torque monsters mate, because they run a restrictor on the turbo we get as much boost in them as possible with a responsive exhuast wheel. We are getting over 25psi at just over 3 grand and they start tapering them.

The secret with a restricted turbo motor is torque thats why the WRC cars make a shitload more torque than HP and they run a 32mm restrictor.

Turbo restrictors

The turbo restrictor's effect is mostly noticed in high engine RPM (above 5000). In this region of operation, the engine's output is very dependent on air flow. This is why engine heads are ported and air intake channels are polished to optimize air flow. The restrictor's effect on engine torque is beneficial. Peak torque values are obtained in medium engine rotational speeds. The presence of the restrictor, which actually accelerates the gases flowing through it and directs the to the center of the turbocharger's compressor wheel, essentially increases the engine torque. We can roughly estimate the drop in engine power to be as high as 40% whereas the engine torque can be increased, through appropriate engine management, by around 20%.

Torque will be handy up the mountain but conrod will be a PITA, as they run out of puff at 6grand, they will rev to 7 pretty easy but the turbo is then down round 10psi. There is a guy from Tassie coming over with his brand new BA GT replica with a stone brothers 6 litre V8 in it. His last one in his old car made 717hp at the flywheel and this is meant to make a bit more

Nota originally posted

I rang the Abercrombie Motor Inn today, a good budget joint where MSN & I stayed least Easter - very close to trackside. Full up I'm afraid but they forwarded me on to Bathurst Tourist Council who said there was still accommodation available locally, as they had just completed a phone survey yesterday. They were going to e-m me their list (which I was going to post up for you) but it is yet to arrive
    Thanks for that mate, I might give thema call also and see what is available, you coming down for a look, should be a good event.

Edit... We have accomomdation at Bathurst at the Country Lodge Motor Inn, that will be heaps better, closer to the track and pubs Thanks again Nota, I found out my brother phoned 2 motels both were full so he gave up and booked at Orange.

He has now been sacked from Travel and Entertainment co-ordinator

Cheers
    John
    Last edited by charged; 01-18-2008 at 01:31 AM.

I'm planning on sleeping at whiteballz place, a drive over the mountain to get there, but such a great drive.

Prob should tell him at some point too....
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

why? i don't.

Thanks for that mate, I might give thema call also and see what is available, you coming down for a look, should be a good event.

Edit... We have accomomdation at Bathurst at the Country Lodge Motor Inn, that will be heaps better, closer to the track and pubs Thanks again Nota, I found out my brother phoned 2 motels both were full so he gave up and booked at Orange.

He has now been sacked from Travel and Entertainment co-ordinator

Cheers
    John
    Would have liked to meet you John but can't make it alas as Mrs nota and I already committed to BIMF for the Easter 12 hour, which by itself is a $600+ gouge to the old kangaroo skin wallet. Very best of luck to your group of daredevils on Australia's most fearsome circuit and I'll follow your exploits closely on UCP

For online accomodation anywhwere Wotif.com: is a handy site to know despite limited selection. It only lists vacancies for 28 days ahead

EDIT: Found this total list of acommodation http://www.bathurstmotorfestival.com...om_options.pdf may be useful in future
    Last edited by nota; 01-19-2008 at 02:13 AM.

Thread Information