Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: R35 GT-R V-Spec shows its face... and price

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    I didn't read all the press, so I may have missed it..........did they list any production numbers for the Spec?
    20 to 30 each month apparently.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Beat me to it Leon. 15lb-ft of overboost in midrange is also available for 80 seconds. Double the price for what they give is what people will pay but it's a rip and the cash would probably be better spent on aftermarket parts or a tuned GT-R.
    I suppose the aftermarket option would be more remunerative.
    maybe they are playing th exclusivity card? it's still a GT-R after all though.
    I'm still shocked for the price of the brakes.
    and that temporized overboost thingy is too much video game stuff.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    and that temporized overboost thingy is too much video game stuff.
    the R56 Mini Cooper S has that also.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    the R56 Mini Cooper S has that also.
    Many cars have it. Like the latest Porsche 911 Turbo and a bunch of Fiats.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Many cars have it. Like the latest Porsche 911 Turbo and a bunch of Fiats.
    I think it isn't temporized on the Fiat (if you are referring to the sport button), but it's still something silly, even more on such high performance cars like the SpecV or the 911 Turbo (I missed it has that thingy too)

I think it isn't temporized on the Fiat (if you are referring to the sport button), but it's still something silly, even more on such high performance cars like the SpecV or the 911 Turbo (I missed it has that thingy too)
    Well it is "temporised" in the sense that the extra torque is there for a limited amount of time, even if you press the Sport button. Some diesels have it too.

I personally think it's stupid (like the M5/6 having the choice of 400 or 500bhp). I want all the power and torque all the time, without having to fiddle with buttons.
    Visca Catalunya!

Well it is "temporised" in the sense that the extra torque is there for a limited amount of time, even if you press the Sport button. Some diesels have it too.

I personally think it's stupid (like the M5/6 having the choice of 400 or 500bhp). I want all the power and torque all the time, without having to fiddle with buttons.
    you know, i'm okay with power limiting. when you are developing that much power, you dont always want the strain on the equipment. and other times, that much power may be more dangerous, such as on snow, or wet slick roads. sometimes the 300 i have is a bit much, especially when i was on a wet track, where i rarely got to full throttle.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

exactly, even more if the car is quite powerful.
    it's a SpecV, why should I want to drive with less torque?
    I can understand (tolerate) why the M5 has two settings, since usually it's a car bought more to show off than to actually drive (the question should be why to buy an M5 in first place though)

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    you know, i'm okay with power limiting. when you are developing that much power, you dont always want the strain on the equipment. and other times, that much power may be more dangerous, such as on snow, or wet slick roads. sometimes the 300 i have is a bit much, especially when i was on a wet track, where i rarely got to full throttle.
    Well you do have point but in my opinion if you buy a BMW M5 you should know what you are getting, and amongst other things that should mean knowing when you can put your foot down and when you can't.

Regarding strain, it is important but again I think such a car should have parts that able to stand the requirements of 500bhp all the time. Because if it isn't the case BMW shouldn't be quoting the M5's power output as 500bhp.
    Visca Catalunya!

Regarding strain, it is important but again I think such a car should have parts that able to stand the requirements of 500bhp all the time. Because if it isn't the case BMW shouldn't be quoting the M5's power output as 500bhp.
    point, set, game.

point, set, game.
    Ditto. I never liked that feature of the turbo, and my opinion hasn't changed for this.

The only exception I can think of is a guy that had a Dodge Ram with a hot rodded Cummins that was making over 1000hp and some ungodly amount of torque(s), and he would drop it down to 600hp for the winter. But it's not s sports car.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Regarding strain, it is important but again I think such a car should have parts that able to stand the requirements of 500bhp all the time.
    This from a man who already complains cars are too heavy. By limiting performance most of the time the rest of the car can be lighter, and thus improve handling and reduce fuel consumption.
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    This from a man who already complains cars are too heavy. By limiting performance most of the time the rest of the car can be lighter, and thus improve handling and reduce fuel consumption.
    Which makes it easier to tow when you break it trying to use full power. There's better way to make a car light than underbuilding crucial parts.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Cyco View Post
    Oh come on Chris, it's not like the M5 is a lightweight. Do the change from 400 to 500bhp really make that much of a difference in weight? I don't think so, but then again I'm no engineer.

I'd personally take another approach for a sports saloon, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make. My point was that if you make a 500bhp you build it with parts that are able to stand that power all the time. Because if that's not the case what's the point of having 500bhp in the first place.

As I said I don't want to be a computer engineer to be able to drive my car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Mercedes-Benz still hasn't seen fit to build a transmission capable of harnessing the full force of their twin-turbo V12. Even the brand-new AMG SL65 Black Edition has the same ol' 738 lb-ft limit. The car is very impressive otherwise, and certainly looks great. Makes the SLR seem a bit lame, and is even more exclusive.

Thread Information