Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: R35 GT-R V-Spec shows its face... and price

Just saw a Skyline on the road today...
    Hmmm... I'm kinda at a loss. Not beautiful or even all that impressive. A spectaularly able, quick, fast car yes. Definately not sexy though.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    have you seen a GTR at the track? that is what made them interesting to me.
    yeah didn't do anything for me. also i wasn't expecting a great engine note but it was still very underwhelming in that respect
    it was just..i dunno. dull. i'd like to get behind the wheel though, certainly not a spectator's car.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah didn't do anything for me. also i wasn't expecting a great engine note but it was still very underwhelming in that respect
    it was just..i dunno. dull. i'd like to get behind the wheel though, certainly not a spectator's car.
    the thing that astounded me was just how fast it was. i was one of the fastest cars out there, and it went by me like i was standing still. like nothing i have ever seen.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

i know what you mean (i was in the same run group as a 956 lol) but when i see a R35 go round the track it's like, wow that's a fast car. when i see a guy wrestling his caterham/GT40 (in this case) around after it, i think, wow that's a fast driver.
    i think because it performs with a minimum of fuss, it becomes faster but inherently less appealing?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information