Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BMW M5 Ute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Dudes got balls for doin a project like that. Kudos to him. And all those who are against it, don't be jealous cause you can't do something like he's doing.
    They see him rollin'...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, seriously. The M5 is an awesome car but why use one in excellent condition? I know it'd be easier for him to switch it over, but come on. I really liked this M5- I think it's the best looking M5 of the entire lineup. And this guy is chopping it up for a retarded reason. On the other hand, I like the fact that he's not doing it half assed though. If he had chopped it and welded on the bed and called it a day I would have been even more angry. The M5 was built for a reason. If you're looking for a ute in it I'm sorry, you've obviously got the wrong car.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwpower View Post
    Its an abomination, yes an M5 would make the best pick up in the world, but while it reinvents the pick-up it kills an M5...for shame!
    An E39 M5 is hardly a rare or exotic car, who cares.

I wonder if this will replace his Gallardo for all the rallies he does.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Its an abomination, yes an M5 would make the best pick up in the world, but while it reinvents the pick-up it kills an M5...for shame!
    I have my doubts as to whether and why a hypothetical M5 'pick-up' might approach a Holden/HSV ute, let alone best it. After all, HSV sedans have a history of outperforming equivalent BMW M5

As for 'reinvention' well any Holden fan would instantly recognise this unit is undeniably cloned from Commodore ute

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    I have my doubts as to whether and why a hypothetical M5 'pick-up' might approach a Holden/HSV ute, let alone best it. After all, HSV sedans have a history of outperforming equivalent BMW M5

As for 'reinvention' well any Holden fan would instantly recognise this unit is undeniably cloned from Commodore ute
    Yep, those B pillars are a straight lift from a Commie.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, seriously. The M5 is an awesome car but why use one in excellent condition? I know it'd be easier for him to switch it over, but come on. I really liked this M5- I think it's the best looking M5 of the entire lineup. And this guy is chopping it up for a retarded reason. On the other hand, I like the fact that he's not doing it half assed though. If he had chopped it and welded on the bed and called it a day I would have been even more angry. The M5 was built for a reason. If you're looking for a ute in it I'm sorry, you've obviously got the wrong car.
    if holden can do it with a sedan from the factory, no reason why it wouldn't work here with a glorified family car.
    it makes M5 lighter and more individual, probably more fun too, how is that killing it?
    lol..'best'
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote by Alan Grice who entered a virtually standard Holden V8 ute in the 1992 Bathurst 12-Hour enduro (race for stock-production cars)

"The bloody BMW M5, the epitome of European style and performance, driven by a Formula One champion of the world, has been out-qualified by a retired pastry cook from Maitland driving a Holden Ute!"
    Grice's ute was timed a massive 3 seconds faster (approx iirc) per lap than the exotic factory-entered M5 of F1 champ Alan Jones

Huh... wouldn't it have been better if he took a stock 5 and cut it into this?

1/2 of me gives mad kudos to him; the other 1/2 won't because of the M5 part.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote by Alan Grice who entered a virtually standard Holden V8 ute in the 1992 Bathurst 12-Hour enduro (race for stock-production cars)

Grice's ute was timed a massive 3 seconds faster (approx iirc) per lap than the exotic factory-entered M5 of F1 champ Alan Jones
    doesnt change the fact its unique and a weapon of a car. I know which one i'd prefer between a chav maloo or a one of a kind M5 ute.
    hmmmm how stock was that holden V8 ute i wonder as well
    RUF CTR Yellowbird is what dreams are made of

Quote Originally Posted by h22a View Post
    doesnt change the fact its unique and a weapon of a car. I know which one i'd prefer between a chav maloo or a one of a kind M5 ute.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah just stirring the pot - im actually mates with griceys daughter. very attractive

im actually mates with griceys daughter. very attractive
    If you find her attractive, why aren't you more than mates with her? Hmmm.....

Has this "ute" been finished? Scheduled finish date on the website was September 2007. I wonder how much this is costing him.
    Last edited by -What-; 01-29-2008 at 09:56 PM.

[QUOTE=-What-;779820]If you find her attractive, why aren't you more than mates with her? Hmmm..... gay

lol, I dont need to feed a pork sword to every hot chick I meet -what-. just gotta make sure the pork is marinated once a week.

ohhh and just noticed your bogus little gay comment. you really are a complete muppet. ohhh hows the dildo industry, any new products you've tryed?

this UTE has been in production for ages and apparently its still a while away

Quote by Alan Grice who entered a virtually standard Holden V8 ute in the 1992 Bathurst 12-Hour enduro
    He raced around Bathurst...in a VG ute...man, he must have a big pair of brass ones.

Quote Originally Posted by -What- View Post
    Has this "ute" been finished? Scheduled finish date on the website was September 2007. I wonder how much this is costing him.
    With a custom like this it wouldn't have been unexpected for it to take longer. And Stuart Appleby isn't exactly short on money, so I doubt he cares.
    – Hunter Thompson

Unique yes but in fact may not prove be a weapon of a car. In fact it might end up being inferior to many of the hot utes out there
    Quote Originally Posted by -What- View Post
    I wonder how much this is costing him.
    ^^ Exactly

Those not concerned with money are free to cast their $$ to the wind. Others like me who are more concerned with concepts like Value For Money not to mention Guaranteed Result might prefer a "chav" Maloo with every HSV option (including supercharger etc) for probably less that one-third the 'investment' that Appelby is shovelling into his one of a kind slice-up

yeah just stirring the pot - im actually mates with griceys daughter. very attractive
    Like father like daughter? If so you are a very brave boy ..

No less compliant to strictly enforced 'stock' regs than any other entrant out there, including the M5

The ute even had its original 6.5" ground clearance and ran on tiny six inch rims

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post

Originally Posted by nota
    Rigorously scrutinised against stock-production standards in all reasonable respects even down to manufacturer's wheel alignment settings, but obviously not for practical items like safety-related mods or exhaust etc

I attended the '92 race, it was a pissa. Gricey's ute sounded super-mellow and by some experts was honestly considered half a chance for outright - if not for fuel cell maladies it might have done well. Btw if anyone can find a pic of it ...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by nota; 01-29-2008 at 10:40 PM.

I started mentally composing this post figuring on using only one "been there, done that" idea.

Turns out, the recipe calls for double-strength deja-vu:
    BMW pickup - Google Image Search

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...gize-what.html

We're still cool, "'What,'" but if you keep up this preteen "you're gay" bullshit, we're both going to get banned. The 'Quail puts up with too many lunatics at work to lightly suffer fools on the goddamn interweb without triggering a membership-ending E-mauling.

Besteses,
    L. Quail
    I'm erudite ;-)

Thread Information