Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: BMW X6 (E71) 2008-2014

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    What was wrong with a all-road quattro or V70 XC style wagon? bmw had to make something this hideous.
    I don't think it's hideous at all, in fact I think it's quite attractive. However as a BMW fan I still have a tough time trying to figure out what it is or who it's targeted at?
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    When you're sedan doesn't offer enough headroom, BMW revolutionizes the market with ..
    A Sport activity coupe? Oh and that is way to many photos of this car.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

You can call it pointless and all sorts of bad names. But it WILL sell like hot cakes. It's targeted at people who want the biggest and the most in vogue car there is. It doesn't need to be a usefull addition to the lineup. Look at the CLS. Is that really a usefull addition to the lineup ? No it isn't but it sure sells a lot. And there are countless other examples.

PS: I'm not sure if I like it or not, I need to see it in the metal. Even though I'd never consider an SUV (or something close to an SUV).
    Last edited by Lagonda; 05-21-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    Look at the CLS. Is that really a usefull addition to the lineup ? No it isn't but it sure sells a lot.
    it is a useful addition to MB line-up since MB lacked of a sporty sedan, something connected to the MB's DNA and that BMW for example didn't need since it produces sporty cars. i find the CLS not exactly useful (to say the truth, very few kind of cars are useful) but it's something you could "need", a comfortable sedan to move your family and a sort of GT for some moments of driving pleasure. this isn't connected to the kind of stupid people who actually buy it.
    so, as an enthusiast, even if one day i could say that i like the X6 or that it is well engineered, up to now i cannot say it has some kind of purpose, attitude, or whatever.
    its only point is to sell, but it's about business, not engineering or even driving passion.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    it is a useful addition to MB line-up since MB lacked of a sporty sedan, something connected to the MB's DNA and that BMW for example didn't need since it produces sporty cars. i find the CLS not exactly useful (to say the truth, very few kind of cars are useful) but it's something you could "need", a comfortable sedan to move your family and a sort of GT for some moments of driving pleasure. this isn't connected to the kind of stupid people who actually buy it.
    so, as an enthusiast, even if one day i could say that i like the X6 or that it is well engineered, up to now i cannot say it has some kind of purpose, attitude, or whatever.
    its only point is to sell, but it's about business, not engineering or even driving passion.
    No idea how you make the CLS into a "sporty" car or a family saloon.
    Mercedes-Benz markets the SLK or SL as sporty and maybe the old CL, all the other models have a "unique" purpose
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Quote Originally Posted by Gt1Street View Post
    No idea how you make the CLS into a "sporty" car or a family saloon.
    Mercedes-Benz markets the SLK or SL as sporty and maybe the old CL, all the other models have a "unique" purpose
    IMO, the CLS is a sporty E class...and actually it is. tuned suspension, only more powerful engines, it's sportier than an SLK imo, at least, more than the non-AMG versions

Quote Originally Posted by Lagonda View Post
    You can call it pointless and all sorts of bad names. But it WILL sell like hot cakes. It's targeted at people who want the biggest and the most in vogue car there is. It doesn't need to be a usefull addition to the lineup. Look at the CLS. Is that really a usefull addition to the lineup ? No it isn't but it sure sells a lot. And there are countless other examples.

PS: I'm not sure if I like it or not, I need to see it in the metal. Even though I'd never consider an SUV (or something close to an SUV).
    You do have a point. But there's an easy solution.

The CLS should be the E-class.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    You do have a point. But there's an easy solution.

The CLS should be the E-class.
    holy words

and the reventon should be the murcielago

well, you know how i said i see them all the time? well i got behind a guy today in a silver grey one. i drove behind him for maybe 20 mins on a 2 lane road. after he saw me checking out the car and saw what i drove, he decided to gun it off a stop sign. dear god, it sounds incredible. its a throaty growl. even when its just cruising, it has an extremely subtle.....throat to it. of course, it still had all the emblems and a couple body lines covered, but i still think its a great looking car

I found about 50 more pictures of the X6, but after the last batch I uploaded and nearly comited suicide during with all the processing that needed to be done before you even begin uploading. I think I'll leave it for someone else to post

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

I found about 50 more pictures of the X6, but after the last batch I uploaded and nearly comited suicide during with all the processing that needed to be done before you even begin uploading. I think I'll leave it for someone else to post
    you shouldn't say you have found new pics in the case...it's time to post my friend...

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    you shouldn't say you have found new pics in the case...it's time to post my friend...
    Jeez, spare me this once will you

I have the X6 35Diesel on order for september 1st delivery, have driven it and will be driving it again tomorrow, handles a dream.
    Oyster leather with deeep sea blue and 20" star alloys

Quote Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
    I have the X6 35Diesel on order for september 1st delivery, have driven it and will be driving it again tomorrow, handles a dream.
    Oyster leather with deeep sea blue and 20" star alloys
    you have our deepest condolences

you have our deepest condolences
    LOL
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information