Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMW 135i Coupe

BMW 135i Coupe

I saw one today at my university, opinions anyone? I honestly think it lowers the luxury appeal of BMW even more. It's BMW's 'Boxter.'

I say Beemer has worse thing to woory about. Like their "x" vehicles
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Yea, BMWs are getting uglier and uglier as time goes by. I think they need a new designer...

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I say Beemer has worse thing to woory about. Like their "x" vehicles
    Yeah, those are not that great either. The X6....seriously?

Awesome. Awesome beyond words. My father, who drove one, told me never to drive one because it'll make me not want to drive my M6 anymore.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I think they look awesome. Anyone who thinks they're lowering the appeal of BMW obviously has no idea about BMW's history, with cars like the 2002. Its just like a modern day 2002. Proportions are perfect and the performance is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    I think they look awesome. Anyone who thinks they're lowering the appeal of BMW obviously has no idea about BMW's history, with cars like the 2002. Its just like a modern day 2002. Proportions are perfect and the performance is great.
    I approve your post except for the awesome looks bit, it just doesn't. But yes, it's indeed BMW's modern 2002. Very good point.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I dunno, I think BMW finally got their look they're going for after so many years of crap Bangled messes with it and the Z4. But its pretty controversial stuff still.

it still looks kinda half melted, like they left it in the microwave too long.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    I think they look awesome. Anyone who thinks they're lowering the appeal of BMW obviously has no idea about BMW's history, with cars like the 2002.
    That is what I first thought, then I thought some more, and how BMW was regarded currently as a prestigious brand and that the 2002 is probably not known by the average BMW buyer - it has evolved and become synonymous with luxury. No less, is the base model 3 really that special/luxurious? I actually don't have much experience with it's interior and don't know.

Ultimately, I don't see the addition of the 1-series as having a negative impact on BMW's prestige. However, maybe it will take away some of the 3-series's sales and in the end have a negative impact on BMW's bottom line.

You could say the same about the base model Mercedes C-Class, probably not overly special/luxurious, or the base model of most of those European brands, you have to get into the really exclusive marques that are step above the likes of Merc and BMW before you get every car being totally luxurious etc, you know what I mean? A lot of its about the badge when you think about it, the badge is synonymous with exclusivity or at least wealth, even though when it comes down to it they're fairly common today and perhaps not overly luxurious when you're looking at the base models. But thats a whole different subject really.

BMW still have a pretty big focus on motorsport and the M3, M5 and M6 are heavily promoted halo models of the range, and its no coincidence that they are the best performance wise. I'm a little suprised they didn't stick an M badge on this car, I think it would've helped its image a little. But no doubt its prestigious, I've seen pictures of its interior and its nothing less than decadent by any standards as far as I'm concerned. But its got that BMW badge on the front and that counts for a helluva lot.

I spose we'd have to ask BMW if they intend this to be more performance or luxury focussed.
    Last edited by Spastik_Roach; 10-02-2008 at 01:57 AM.

I've driven the 335i Coupé and it was brilliant.

Styling aside, the 135i may be even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    That is what I first thought, then I thought some more, and how BMW was regarded currently as a prestigious brand and that the 2002 is probably not known by the average BMW buyer - it has evolved and become synonymous with luxury. No less, is the base model 3 really that special/luxurious? I actually don't have much experience with it's interior and don't know.

Ultimately, I don't see the addition of the 1-series as having a negative impact on BMW's prestige. However, maybe it will take away some of the 3-series's sales and in the end have a negative impact on BMW's bottom line.
    The 3er is the heir of the 2002. It may have grown but it still is what BMW do best, sports saloons.

In my opinion the 1er doesn't have a negative impact on BMW because it stays true to all the traditional BMW values.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

135i is nice but it's heavy for it's small-ish size

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I saw one today at my university, opinions anyone? I honestly think it lowers the luxury appeal of BMW even more. It's BMW's 'Boxter.'
    I like the Boxter, not this though

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I approve your post except for the awesome looks bit, it just doesn't. But yes, it's indeed BMW's modern 2002. Very good point.
    Agree

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it still looks kinda half melted, like they left it in the microwave too long.
    Agree

and then, it isn't very little and lightweight if compared to the 3 Series Coupe, so probably they missed the target. the idea was good though.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

1 series coupe is decent looking, i just don't like the look of 3 and 5-door models.

Thread Information