Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BMW reportedly readying Super Sport variant of next 1-Series

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    given that the X5/X3 etc etc still exist, not the same as a BMW lover of old... higher percentage soccer mums perhaps?
    There's also a large group of twats which choose their Bimmers with stupid big wheels and useless M Sport packs...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    There's also a large group of twats which choose their Bimmers with stupid big wheels and useless M Sport packs...
    "Useless" M Sport packs I think make the front fascia on E46s look much better and I would consider buying one if the price was fair as I like the look a lot better. How much of a premium am I gonna pay on used car with an M Sport package over one that doesn't have one? What sorta premium woulda it have cost when new do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Lols.

Too late. Already dead.
    some mules based on the F01 7 Series have been seen quite some times after his unveiling

this
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    "Useless" M Sport packs I think make the front fascia on E46s look much better and I would consider buying one if the price was fair as I like the look a lot better. How much of a premium am I gonna pay on used car with an M Sport package over one that doesn't have one? What sorta premium woulda it have cost when new do you guys think?
    Why would you want a slower, more uncomfortable car which uses more fuel, though?
    Visca Catalunya!

a complete M package is about 2.500 euro iirc

Things went downhill ever since the bean-counters took over.

I think BMW's problem is that they're mostly a bunch of really brilliant engineers being steered by a bunch of really bad accountants.

Why would you want a slower, more uncomfortable car which uses more fuel, though?
    Why is it slower and how much slower? Is the suspension stiffer or the seats worse or why is it more uncomfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    a complete M package is about 2.500 euro iirc
    Madness.

Why is it slower and how much slower? Is the suspension stiffer or the seats worse or why is it more uncomfortable?
    It's slower because it has bigger wheels. You don't need 245's in a 320i. And the stiff suspension ruins everything, the standard suspension has a much better compromise between ride comfort and handling.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's slower because it has bigger wheels. You don't need 245's in a 320i. And the stiff suspension ruins everything, the standard suspension has a much better compromise between ride comfort and handling.
    I guess the bigger wheels is a problem but you could buy replace them with smaller wheels. I like harsh rides to an extent too. What gets me is the price premium in Euros.

I thought the 135i essentially was the M version of this car (not in name but in performance might as well be). What engine could they put in it that outperforms that 135i and is less thirsty (smells like bs)?

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    I thought the 135i essentially was the M version of this car (not in name but in performance might as well be). What engine could they put in it that outperforms that 135i and is less thirsty (smells like bs)?
    it's not about performance I guess, but they would need of a better set up for the suspensions, better brakes, and an M-diff.

Thread Information