Thread: Borgward BX-5

Borgward BX-5

For my job I get to drive cool cars basically. I'm a automotive testing engineer basically. Previously I posted that I got a Borgward BX-7 for loan. I did a total of 68.000km in ~8 months with it.

As our project also entailed the BX-5 I moved on and picked this up in Germany too. I drove it about 10k km's in it, but I spent 100's of hours in it doing static tests.

You'll notice the damage for sure. I've been told a boxing champion did a joyride, got 17 tickets and this accidents in one night. Maybe sponsor the opera next time.

The red one on some of the pictures is one of the first batch to be imported originally. We used it on a verification drive. We took it on a >3000km testdrive through Germany / Czech Republic / Switserland in 6 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Part 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like a fun job. And the car looks pretty decent too.

Quote Originally Posted by Duell View Post
    Looks like a fun job. And the car looks pretty decent too.
    I tested the quality of the navigation systems' positioning for many brands of car / trucks. Only a few companies allowed me to make and share photos unfortunately.

It's fun and you have access to a lot of special places (labs, test tracks, brand HQ's etc.). Also I get the keys to a lot of prototypes, pre-series (these cars) etc. It's pretty good for a petrolhead.
    But you got to be able to stand a lot of hours on the road (+/- 60 h / week) and be really self-sufficient and be a McGyver on the road. Even most real petrolheads give up after a year or two on-the-road.

The Borgward was surprisingly good. It's relatively well put together and might be a real challenger for the big brands. It was great fun in the Eiffel and on the 'Ring. They plan to release many more models soon. I started the project as a sceptic, but I'd consider it when in the market for a midsize premium SUV. I'm really impressed with how fast the Chinese learn.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    You'll notice the damage for sure. I've been told a boxing champion did a joyride, got 17 tickets and this accidents in one night. Maybe sponsor the opera next time.
    This reminds me of the boxer Jack Johnson. Take this story with a grain of salt.

He had a thing for fast cars. Supposedly he sped through one town somewhere and was pulled over. Back then, you just paid up at the side of the road the cop supposedly said it's a $50 fine. Johnson handed him a $100 bill, and the cop said he did not have the change for a $100 bill. Johnson replied that he should just keep the other $50, because in two hours he'd be coming back through in the other direction at the same speed, so he was just paying in advance.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

What a cool job, you have.

Hmmm....I was not aware there were any new Borgward's. The only ones I have ever seen are 1954 1962 varieties,,.like the Isabella, or am I thinking of some other brand?

Thread Information