Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: My 350Z

Congrats on the car. Those babies have such a gorgeous exhaust note that's only out-done by the G35/37's.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Congratulations Niko. Enjoy Ze Automobil or automobile.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

No eggnog? wtf?

EDIT I allwas saw you going for a NSX after the civic
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Congratulations with the new car!
    That color sure looks very nice in the first pics, make sure to show us some more soon.
    And at last, enjoy it as much as you can!

Thank you guys

The tires are BFGoodrich G-Force T/A.

I posted some photos of my car on a Mustang forum and to my surprise (besides getting a lot of positive comments) they also posted videos of an 07 Z beating an 01 Cobra on the 1/4 mile, and having a pretty even race with an 04 Supercharged Cobra....

Someone also posted this:

The biggest thing you are missing is that the SAE standards have changed since the first 350Z came out. The 306HP that the 2007 350Z is rated at, will more likely be at 320HP using the old standard. The first 350Zs can put down as low as 225WHP or as high as 240WHP (rated at 287HP). The 2007s so far have varied from 268WHP to almost 280WHP, which is well in range of a stock 99 Cobra dyno, if not higher. I understand about the TQ differences, but the 350Z is also 100lbs lighter (more for the stripper models), with much more aggressive gearing and a higher rev range.
    Pretty interesting

Here are the videos:

YouTube - 2007 350Z (stock) versus 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra (bolt ons)

YouTube - 07 Z VS 04 COBRA

thats interesting, i always thought that nissan must have spent way too much money for a measly 6 bhp, hopefully thats true and you have a crazy fast car. i wonder where my 06 stands being in between the 03-05(287bhp) and the 07-08(306bhp) im rated at 300 for now but i just ordered a stillen hi-flow intake and im doing an ecu reflash next month, those should set me up well to compete with the VQ35HR's like yours not to mention any mustangs.

Speaking of mustangs about 5 have pulled up next to me trying to race, I dont know what it is about mustangs but theyre the only ones that go out of their way to try to race me. I only went with 2 of them so far and the Z is faster on the street than the mustang gt. The GT is faster at the drag strip im sure but so far that hasnt translated.

Niko, hopefully you get to line it up with one of these clowns soon and show them that we dont need a stinkin V8 or racing stripes
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

I don't know, I have a lot of respect for Mustangs and would never really expect to win in a straight line against an 03-04 Cobra, as a matter of fact, I'm sure that an 05+ GT will give a good fight... But just the fact that it's somehow close feels good, and in the end, we know who would win in the twisties

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I don't know, I have a lot of respect for Mustangs and would never really expect to win in a straight line against an 03-04 Cobra, as a matter of fact, I'm sure that an 05+ GT will give a good fight... But just the fact that it's somehow close feels good, and in the end, we know who would win in the twisties
    U.C.P. S.E.C.?
    Rasmus vs. Niko.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    U.C.P. S.E.C.?
    Rasmus vs. Niko.
    His GT is supercharged right? Goodbye 350Z

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    His GT is supercharged right? Goodbye 350Z
    No, his isn't supercharged. But mine is.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Saw the thread now and can't figure out anything more contributing to say that hasn't been said yet. So, nice car, congratulations!
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    No, his isn't supercharged. But mine is.
    I knew there was a supercharged GT around!

Saw the thread now and can't figure out anything more contributing to say that hasn't been said yet. So, nice car, congratulations!
    Thanks Pando

I've seen two 350Zs in different shades of gray/silver in the past week and none of them were as dark, metallic, or rich as the color of your car.
    Is it aftermarket paint?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I've seen two 350Zs in different shades of gray/silver in the past week and none of them were as dark, metallic, or rich as the color of your car.
    Is it aftermarket paint?
    You'd be surprised in the number of variations of the same paint code. Sometimes it depends on build date, factory, trim level. I'll look tomorrow at work to see how many different colors there are for the 350z.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Between a 350Z and a GT it's all down to the driver. Allow me to explain why.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the 350Z - good looks, decent performance, RWD - so before I bought the GT I did some digging. What I found was quite interesting, at least to me:

2003 350Z: 240/240 RWHP/RWTQ
    2007 350Z: 260/225
    2008 350Z: 280/220
    2007 GT: 260/280

Then consider the mass:

04 350Z: 1450kg coupe, 1560kg vert
    07 350Z: 1520kg coupe, 1620kg vert
    07 GT: 1580kg coupe, 1680kg vert

Finally, toss in the gearing - which varies on the GT - and it's all one big mess. Depending on the model year of both vehicles, it's basically a coin toss. Ergo, it's down to the driver. Case in point; the 350Z that beat the 04 Cobra - or when I took a boosted 350Z. Sometimes you just stumble upon a worse driver than yourself.

(99-01 Cobras I don't really care much for compared to the 03-04 Terminators. The former are rated at 320/317, whereas the latter are at 390/390 (by many accounts underrated, as they usually did a corrected 410 on the crank). A stock Termi with a decent driver will pull low to mid 12's in the quarter. Add some very basic bolt-ons and they're at >500RWHP. But I'm digressing.)

Yet again, congrats on the car, Niko! Grey > Pseudo Scooby blue any day.
    Turning money into memories.

Thread Information