Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Avatar

New Avatar

time to change my avatar. Just brought home a new (second-hand) C5, a 2012 two litre HDi Tourer, 6-speed manual . Currently 163 BHP but will get some treatment soon to get it over 190. First impression, smaller but feels much more solid and silent. The lack of 40 horsepower and 100 NM of torque can be felt.

Pics to follow, when the sun is out.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Well congratulations, but not seeing that stalwart beside your name will make me sad.

What's the spec on your outgoing one? How does the new interior compare?

I drove a V6 version not that long ago and came away impressed. The best thing by far the ride; it felt like you could take bumps at any speed you liked and the car would just swallow them. And it even handled quite well.

Good choice. Congratulations!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thank you, it is the hydro suspension that makes you the king of the speedbump.
    The old one was a 2.2 litre with 205 BHPand 465 NM. The weight of the two is about the same.
    The interior looks more modern, but being a fan of classic dials,the new ones are not what I would have preferred. It does have an oil temperature gauge though. It does have about all the luxury functions thatyou can think of, but Junior will be needed to do some programming. What I will to get used to is the automatic parking brake, (there is no conventional handbrake, so no 360s) which you can only be unlocked by stepping on the footbrake. It is not something you would expect in a manual gearbox. Seats are pefect, heated and a massage function as well. And there is a glass roof too.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    time to change my avatar. Just brought home a new (second-hand) C5, a 2012 two litre HDi Tourer, 6-speed manual . Currently 163 BHP but will get some treatment soon to get it over 190.
    You hoon. Happy New Car Day!

What I will to get used to is the automatic parking brake, (there is no conventional handbrake, so no 360s) which you can only be unlocked by stepping on the footbrake. It is not something you would expect in a manual gearbox.
    One of the things I dislike about newer cars is the amount of interference from the car.. Automatic everything. That said nice to see you got a manual.
    Seats are pefect, heated and a massage function as well.
    lol. We get the heated seat feature on a lot of Euro and Jap cars here in Australia. Not really a necessary feature in this country. ;-)
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    We get the heated seat feature on a lot of Euro and Jap cars here in Australia. Not really a necessary feature in this country. ;-)
    So I suppose I cannot trade a spare set of winter tyres..(I went from 16 to 17 inch)

So I suppose I cannot trade a spare set of winter tyres..(I went from 16 to 17 inch)
    The spikey kind?

The spikey kind?
    no just the crude profile kind. snow tyres is a more appropriate name.

I'm just browsing the User's Rides section tonight and stumbled upon this thread... Congrats on the purchase... but it has been 3 months dear sir, where are the pictures?

well, finally some shots, including the egg-nogg test.
    Experiences so far, relaxing and a much stiffer build than the previous car (hence 200 kgs more on the scale I presume) More frugal thanks to a smaller engine which does not really invite to flooring activities.
    Irritating electric handbrake, which will leave you stranded when your battery runs flat. My first ever car with a nav aid, but luckily I still know the way and like to read maps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

well, finally some shots, including the egg-nogg test.
    Experiences so far, relaxing and a much stiffer build than the previous car (hence 200 kgs more on the scale I presume) More frugal thanks to a smaller engine which does not really invite to flooring activities.
    Irritating electric handbrake, which will leave you stranded when your battery runs flat. My first ever car with a nav aid, but luckily I still know the way and like to read maps.
    Does the steering wheel turn behind the centre?

Does the steering wheel turn behind the centre?
    yes it does, it means that the buttons are always on the same place, but I think Citroen has already abandoned the system for their newer cars. I don't find it unpleasant, but it is really something slightly over the top.

I find it unnecessarily gimmicky and somewhat annoying.

By the way, you avatar's car shows an XJS number plate. Maybe evidence of what you actually wanted in the first place?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I find it unnecessarily gimmicky and somewhat annoying.

By the way, you avatar's car shows an XJS number plate. Maybe evidence of what you actually wanted in the first place?
    it is not really annoying, although I liked the old system of the cruise control much more. Fortunately we still have the C3 fitted with that. It is also possible to operate the nav system from the steering wheel, but I have subcontracted the setting of that to my regular passenger. I find it too complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

No, I just wanted to trigger reactions like yours

Thread Information