Page 533 of 536 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534535 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    RacingManiac- do you do any custom painting and modifications in addition to kit assembly? I always liked Gundam kits, they're just cool and big 3D puzzles.

I don't have room to display the stuff though.
    Nope, my limited artistic capability means I only do the snapping together part and hastily applying decals....

Good thing Bandai makes them good enough that it'll look decent just like that. I only apply penal lines to add some definition to the contours...

I don't have much room for them neither, these are all at my parents' place still, which means I don't even get to fiddle with them after I am done...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    No worries. It certainly feels well made. Quite solid. Next in line is a Pentax SMCP-DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED WR. I am replacing the old lenses I had for my Pentax SF7 film SLR.
    Very cool. Looking forward to your thoughts as you use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Nope, my limited artistic capability means I only do the snapping together part and hastily applying decals....

Good thing Bandai makes them good enough that it'll look decent just like that. I only apply penal lines to add some definition to the contours...

I don't have much room for them neither, these are all at my parents' place still, which means I don't even get to fiddle with them after I am done...
    Haha, I build my Gundam sets the same way. I think there's a thin marker you can use to outline the lines, it really makes them pop if you want to go the extra mile.

Yep...its like the only "supply" I buy when I build Gundam stuff, I also color the nozzle inside some times red as some of the older kit shows them like that. I even bother to panel line the inside of removable plates sometimes...even if they never comes off...

I love building MG kits. But its another expensive hobby that I does sometimes...lol
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

New camera, for the rugged type, Olympus TG3

Oh, and slotted rotors front and back, along with EBC red brake pads front and back.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

I just bought a motorcycle! a 1981 Yamaha XS400. Everything is mechanically sound, just need to replace the wiring harness.
    "Don't think your time on bad things
    Just float your little mind around"
    Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post

Oh, and slotted rotors front and back, along with EBC red brake pads front and back.
    Cool purchase!

Slotted rotors for the Mazdaspeed 6? How is it like owning and maintaining that car?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum9987 View Post
    I just bought a motorcycle! a 1981 Yamaha XS400. Everything is mechanically sound, just need to replace the wiring harness.
    Cool purchase too!

Cool purchase!

Slotted rotors for the Mazdaspeed 6? How is it like owning and maintaining that car?
    I only got slotted because I ordered some rears from Revolution Performance Motorsports and they were out of stock and offered to throw the slotted ones in for no extra charge. I thought "cool, but that will look hella funny with only slotted rears." so I asked if they would also throw in the front rotors slotted for the non-slotted price and they said they would do that as well. So although I didn't need new front rotors, I got them anyway. Just got a new job recently and thought I could afford the extra expense even though I personally didn't need to get the slotted for my driving habits.

In answer to your other question, maintenance on the car is expensive. About 6 months ago I had the transfer box gasket replaced because it was leaking to the tune of $1200, last month I had to replace the radiator because I caught a stone in the corner and punctured the line, that cost another $800 with my car at the local shop for two and a half weeks because they stupidly bought 3 radiators (all the wrong ones) because they cant wrap their head around that aftermarket OEM radiators dont exist because of the low volume of cars, ~500 in the US are identical to mine (white, grand touring). After attempting to mount several of the wrong radiators, they called up the Mazda dealership located the next state away and had to order one through them. I considered buying and upgraded radiator for and additional $170 but couldn't afford it.

Other than those two things, I have had to replace the rear axle seals, and wheel bearings, both around 100,000 miles. In my mind, there have been quite a few things that needed to be replaced due to wear and tear and I am hoping that doing due diligence on the car keeping it in shape will pay off. Right now I believe that the tensioner on the serpentine belt is off because I am getting some rattling off of one of the components in that area, but I haven't had it looked at yet.
    -Carrol Shelby

iPod headphones went mono on me so I had to replace them. The SoundMagic PL30s I had were pretty good but these beauty's are a whole step up. Much more detail, nice sound stage and bass that sounds extended but not boomy or overblown.
    Sony XBA-2
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

I only got slotted because I ordered some rears from Revolution Performance Motorsports and they were out of stock and offered to throw the slotted ones in for no extra charge. I thought "cool, but that will look hella funny with only slotted rears." so I asked if they would also throw in the front rotors slotted for the non-slotted price and they said they would do that as well. So although I didn't need new front rotors, I got them anyway. Just got a new job recently and thought I could afford the extra expense even though I personally didn't need to get the slotted for my driving habits.

In answer to your other question, maintenance on the car is expensive. About 6 months ago I had the transfer box gasket replaced because it was leaking to the tune of $1200, last month I had to replace the radiator because I caught a stone in the corner and punctured the line, that cost another $800 with my car at the local shop for two and a half weeks because they stupidly bought 3 radiators (all the wrong ones) because they cant wrap their head around that aftermarket OEM radiators dont exist because of the low volume of cars, ~500 in the US are identical to mine (white, grand touring). After attempting to mount several of the wrong radiators, they called up the Mazda dealership located the next state away and had to order one through them. I considered buying and upgraded radiator for and additional $170 but couldn't afford it.

Other than those two things, I have had to replace the rear axle seals, and wheel bearings, both around 100,000 miles. In my mind, there have been quite a few things that needed to be replaced due to wear and tear and I am hoping that doing due diligence on the car keeping it in shape will pay off. Right now I believe that the tensioner on the serpentine belt is off because I am getting some rattling off of one of the components in that area, but I haven't had it looked at yet.
    Holy cow that is expensive!

I think it's cool that there are owners like you willing to keep a unique car like the MazdaSpeed 6.

The practical and obvious answer to a cheap-ish 4WD car would have been the Subaru Legacy GT, but hey, at least it's something different.

Cool. I really need something like this for when we do our South Pacific cruise next year.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Holy cow that is expensive!

I think it's cool that there are owners like you willing to keep a unique car like the MazdaSpeed 6.

The practical and obvious answer to a cheap-ish 4WD car would have been the Subaru Legacy GT, but hey, at least it's something different.
    I did look at the spec v extensively before making the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis View Post
    Cool. I really need something like this for when we do our South Pacific cruise next year.
    Will do a short review after I receive it. It wont ship out for a few more weeks as its on back order.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 07-19-2014 at 09:14 PM.
    -Carrol Shelby

I did look at the spec v extensively before making the purchase.
    Any reason why you chose the Mazda over the Subaru?

I got a pair of these.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX32A-Marshmallow-Earbuds-Black/dp/B00DW475M2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405901438&sr=8-3&keywords=jvc+earbuds+mic"]Amazon.com: JVC HAFX32A Marshmallow Earbuds with Mic, Black: Electronics@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UtmN4csDL.@@AMEPARAM@@41UtmN4csDL[/ame]

I needed something cheap. They sound pretty good, but the buds are a bit small. If your ear holes are massive, they may not be too great a fit for you.

New DSLR(SLT?) body...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    New DSLR(SLT?) body...
    Yup, that would be a SLT. Nice purchase, my friend has the earlier Alpha 77, it's a fast camera.

Good upgrade to take advantage of the 7 years of camera advancement from my Alpha 700...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information