Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Engine bay thread

no idea. i'd have to ask around on ausmini. SA car so someone must have seen it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Here's one with the Minimalist Style in full swing.
    It's a Mk1 Golf BTW.
    Lord only knows where the master cylinder (and all its friends) went!
    Pretty clean unit, however.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ i heard it gets tucked under the wheel arches and behind the dash etc etc??? not sure, some of those VW 'wiretuck' jobs are nuts.. sucks if anything breaks!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

haha, i'd drive it without the rear bumper for laughs

I should mention, if you click the pic there's a vid. Well, it's basically a recording of the noise of it.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I should mention, if you click the pic there's a vid. Well, it's basically a recording of the noise of it.
    now I could be wrong but isn't power at the wheels measured when the wheels are turning? If so, why are the wheels not moving at all in the video?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    now I could be wrong but isn't power at the wheels measured when the wheels are turning? If so, why are the wheels not moving at all in the video?
    maybe because it was a teaser they just put up the sound clip.. seems kinda pointless

anyway, honda bike engine head fitted to mini 1310cc engine

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    maybe because it was a teaser they just put up the sound clip.. seems kinda pointless
    What he said. For some reason they wanted a teaser of the sound, the 'video' is just a still image.

What he said. For some reason they wanted a teaser of the sound, the 'video' is just a still image.
    Hm, it would have been far more impressive with the car jumping up and down...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

So.. you put a crossflow head on it, but leave the carbies in the back? Seems to defeat the purpose somewhat...
    If you keep the carbs on short intakes then (sadly) the standard Mini bonnet doesn't fit and you have to fit a HUGE rectangular box out the front of that lovely curved bonnet.

SO for those wanting a Mini with all the looks and surprising performance to scare the kiddies, it's the way to go.
    Rallied in a Mini with x-flow. You couldn't see anything for the huge ali box sticking out/up
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-14-2009 at 03:54 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

.. surely routing gear linkages around to the other side of an engine can't result in a good gear selection action. Unless they used an auto box I 'spose...
    Spinning engines around is done in kit cars all the time and it's relatively easy to make a VERY good - even for convoluted routes - gear linkage systems IF they are designed properly and use the best materials and adjustable rose joints.

On the other hand some PRODUCTION cars which did similar ( like the Matra Bagheera ) is like trying to thread a needle at 20m with taped together McDonald's straws The design of it looked good on paper but the implementation and the quality of materials SUCKED ( it's French ) and worse still the RHD conversion tacked another set of rods and ball joints on the end of THAT mess
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-14-2009 at 03:55 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyBoy View Post
    Lord only knows where the master cylinder (and all its friends) went!
    Pretty clean unit, however.
    WOW, very "hygienic" .... just pray you NEVER get an oil leak

I would reckon he's used a race pedal box with brake cylinders included ( common for adjustable brake bias setups ) and a cable clutch.
    So all happens inside the car.
    But with that amount of effort it could as easily be a custom build using clever design in another way. Can think of a few ways to achieve that look.
    Personally having gone that far I'd find a way to route the two left visible.
    Presume they are throttle and vacuum for servo.
    Nice find though, am intrigued enough to find out how they did engineer the rest ... do you have any more details/links ??
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-14-2009 at 03:56 AM.

nissan s14 with a LS3 vette engine
    http://www.timammons.com/Photos/240SX/EngineBay2.JPG
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 11-14-2009 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Image wider than 800px.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    WOW, very "hygienic" .... just pray you NEVER get an oil leak

I would reckon he's used a race pedal box with brake cylinders included ( common for adjustable brake bias setups ) and a cable clutch.
    So all happens inside the car.
    But with that amount of effort it could as easily be a custom build using clever design in another way. Can think of a few ways to achieve that look.
    Personally having gone that far I'd find a way to route the two left visible.
    Presume they are throttle and vacuum for servo.
    Nice find though, am intrigued enough to find out how they did engineer the rest ... do you have any more details/links ??
    if you google 'wiretuck' you should be able to find some info
    popular with VW's and to some extent honda's

Thread Information