Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 : Halo 3

Sucks Rock, I've been playing all day and its sick.
    Last edited by baddabang; 09-25-2007 at 06:07 PM.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    there is no ****ing way halo 3 will be game of the year. it's too derivative. excellent fun, yes, but bioshock deserves that award about a billion times more.
    i couldn't help but realise that a lot of the cool features in halo 3 are only cool because they've never been seen in halo before - whereas other games have had it for a loooong time.
    still an excellent game, and for some reason cheap - by virtue of the millions of preorders perhaps? +1 for JB hi fi for having an entire stack the day after the midnight release, lol. **** eb.
    I enjoyed Bioshock but I traded it in on a heartbeat for H3. Not having online play just killed it for me.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Ha! You're in New Brunswick.

Now when you say it's scratched did you see the scratch or are you going by your mom's words?
    Going by what my mom, neighbor, and sister said. Since I couldn't see it, it's hard for me to judge just how bad it was. Then again, why the hell would I pay $70 for a scratched game?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Going by what my mom, neighbor, and sister said. Since I couldn't see it, it's hard for me to judge just how bad it was. Then again, why the hell would I pay $70 for a scratched game?
    Well some times scratches don't affect the game...

But oh well.

Well some times scratches don't affect the game...

But oh well.
    I understand that, but would you pay $500 for a PS3 with scratches all down the side that have no effect on the 'game'? Especially when you could get a pristine condition copy, for the exact same price.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    there is no ****ing way halo 3 will be game of the year. it's too derivative. excellent fun, yes, but bioshock deserves that award about a billion times more.
    i couldn't help but realise that a lot of the cool features in halo 3 are only cool because they've never been seen in halo before - whereas other games have had it for a loooong time.
    still an excellent game, and for some reason cheap - by virtue of the millions of preorders perhaps? +1 for JB hi fi for having an entire stack the day after the midnight release, lol. **** eb.
    Cars like the BMW 3 series win car of the year all the time because it has a lot of components that are just done to excellence. It may not be a hybrid, isn't fastest from 0-60, and has a subpar i-Drive system, but the car is just put together very well and serves its purpose better than most/all.

The Halo series is the above.

I understand that, but would you pay $500 for a PS3 with scratches all down the side that have no effect on the 'game'? Especially when you could get a pristine condition copy, for the exact same price.
    Well....you don't look at the underside of the disc often do you?

You mean it's exactly like the skyline...

Well....you don't look at the underside of the disc often do you?
    Well, my issue with the scratches is not being able to determine if it will affect the game at some point. It's just not worth the hassle. Plus, I saw pictures of some disks that were scratched in the metal cases online earlier (still trying to find a link) and they looked PRETTY bad.

Well, my issue with the scratches is not being able to determine if it will affect the game at some point. It's just not worth the hassle. Plus, I saw pictures of some disks that were scratched in the metal cases online earlier (still trying to find a link) and they looked PRETTY bad.
    Yes I saw those aswell, I see your point.

Halo is fun with an entertaining and engaging story. = win.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

We'll I can finally say I love Halo

the game is bananas!

although....did you guys notice some crappy character models? aye yi yi...oh well...its only in short cutscenes
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

BTW, could you guys please refrain from posting excessive plot and endings in this thread. I'd like to discover stuff on my own rather than scroll across a post saying,

"OMG, when Master Chief kills the Covenant in Scene 3 with the rocket launcher before dying himself was awesome!!!!!!!!"

Not everything can be perfect

The Forge is fun, yes?

Almost finished single player campaign. Not too much time to tinker with things since I've got work etc. etc.

To be honest, we're still to hear from Crysis as far as GOTY is concerned. It looks like a fabulous game, but I'm weary that It might be bogged down by the numerous problems its predecessor had.

Bioshock was intriguing and interesting at first. Playing around with different skills, weapons etc. However, once you get into the flow of the game it becomes extremely linear. The green arrow actually pissed me off half way through the game. What joy do you get when theres a ****** arrow showing you were to go all the time?

What will be it's weakness is its online component and *possible* lack of re-playability. Sure, you can kill that big daddy with a wrench this time, but hey, it will be just the same scenario over and over again for most of the game. After seeing both good and bad endings I'm already back playing 2142 for short term entertainment.

Anyone in the same boat as me? I always find Half life 2 / CS:S / Episode one, the group of games I can ALWAYS return to, to find something new. Trivial as it may seem, its definitely a game I can trust to give a few thrills or waste a couple of hours one. Bring on Episode Two
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Thread Information