Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2008 24 Hours of Le Mans Entry List

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Got a question that doesn't deserve another thread, who has been the sanctioning body of Le Mans in the past? I know that the CSI was in charge in the past, was it then FISA and then the ACO? What are the dates for transfer of power?
    Don't know the exact dates, but here's what I found
    restructuring of the FIA in 1993 lead to the disappearance of the FISA, putting motor racing under direct management of the FIA.
    The Automobile Club de l'Ouest (Automobile Club of the West - referring to the western region of France), sometimes abbreviated to ACO, is the largest automotive group in France. It was founded in 1906 by car building and racing enthusiasts, and is most famous for being the organising entity behind the annual Le Mans 24 Hours race. The ACO also lobbies on behalf of French drivers on such issues as road building and maintenance, the availability of driving schools and road safety classes, and the incorporation of technical innovations into new vehicles. It also runs a roadside assistance service for its members.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Don't know the exact dates, but here's what I found
    I've actually read those exact phrases off Wiki. Thanks anyways Z_F.

Maybe W or henk will know.

IIRC the Le Mans 24h has ALWAYS been ACO and hence why it's got it's own regulations and often in conflict with FIA/FISA ones Will do some research in the museum.

btw ... re betting .... I checked and the UK based ones won't be putting odds up for anotehr 2-3 weeks. bet365.com have confirmed this with me. If I get time, I'll look around the French car forums and sites and see if I can find any over there.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    IIRC the Le Mans 24h has ALWAYS been ACO and hence why it's got it's own regulations and often in conflict with FIA/FISA ones Will do some research in the museum.

btw ... re betting .... I checked and the UK based ones won't be putting odds up for anotehr 2-3 weeks. bet365.com have confirmed this with me. If I get time, I'll look around the French car forums and sites and see if I can find any over there.
    Thanks a bunch Matra. Some of the older regulations were determined by the CSI I think as I read on Wiki and here on UCP.

I hope I'll remember looking up the odds for Le Mans - I think it'll be quite interesting.

Thread Information