Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 24 Hours of Le Mans official test (June 1st)

btw anyone with press sites access can upload some pics from testday, I am in desperate need of nice wallpaper....lol
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    btw anyone with press sites access can upload some pics from testday, I am in desperate need of nice wallpaper....lol
    Go to the UCP main page.

no high enough res available though.....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

no high enough res available though.....
    This is true. I guess one can increase the image size in Photoshop, or you/we can bug Wouter for the high-res shot you're interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    This is true. I guess one can increase the image size in Photoshop, or you/we can bug Wouter for the high-res shot you're interested in.
    Offer him something in exchange racnigmaniac.

I'd go with cyber sex.

Rocke tells me he likes that.

I really wish the Dome S102 was a lot faster. It's such a great looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I really wish the Dome S102 was a lot faster. It's such a great looking car.
    How can you tell how fast it is? Has Yuchisan told you they were at full pelt at the test?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    How can you tell how fast it is? Has Yuchisan told you they were at full pelt at the test?
    I mean lap times.
    I'm sure it's on the top of the order in the speed traps as Domes always are

I mean lap times.
    I'm sure it's on the top of the order in the speed traps as Domes always are
    Well the lap times from the test mean very little, considering there were only very few opportunities to run dry tyres. Dome had to have all three of their drivers qualified and faced some small problems. So they had to complete 30 laps first before even thinking about increasing the pace a little. I have seen the car in action and it is hugely impressive.

But if you want to rely on the lap times from the test, please be my guest.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Well the lap times from the test mean very little, considering there were only very few opportunities to run dry tyres. Dome had to have all three of their drivers qualified and faced some small problems. So they had to complete 30 laps first before even thinking about increasing the pace a little. I have seen the car in action and it is hugely impressive.

But if you want to rely on the lap times from the test, please be my guest.
    I'm hoping they can do well in the 24. Dome has always been one of my favourites, and would love to see them podium, they deserve it.

I'm hoping they can do well in the 24. Dome has always been one of my favourites, and would love to see them podium, they deserve it.
    That's another matter. The car has not raced at all. It would surprise if it can remain competitive for 24 hours. Hopefully they will keep it in Europe and race at the 'Ring and Silverstone after. There they might be able to challenge for the podium.

Rumour has it that the car will in fact form the basis for a full manufacturer effort in the near future. Maybe for Honda's move to LMP1?

(Ted Joans)

that's certainly not impossible, since Dome's tie with Honda for the last few seasons in Super GT/JGTC.....though I'd imagine HRP in US may be upset if that were to happen.....afterall their LMP2 "testbed" is proving to be quite successful in ALMS....

any issues with Epsilon Euskadi? despite the weather their laptime is quite far off the chart...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

any issues with Epsilon Euskadi? despite the weather their laptime is quite far off the chart...
    They set that lap time in wet conditions. It was very much a shakedown as this is actually the second car and not the one they raced in the Le Mans Series. Apparently it already has some improvements.

(Ted Joans)

(Ted Joans)

Thread Information