Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 24 Hours of Le Mans Official Thread

I'm thinking for the predictions, we need to make a new thread after test/qualification.

I was thinking of two ways to do it, either you just pick the car numbers to win and whoever gets the most wins, or we use a points system, something like this, or we could hold two separate competitions simultaneously.

4 points for guessing the right car.
    2 points for guessing the right team.
    1 point for guessing the right manufacturer.

If you get one right, they do not add up.

So let's say someone chose the #1 Audi in LMP1, #31 Porsche in LMP2, #59 Aston Martin in GT1, and #80 Porsche in GT2.

The race results come in, and the #2 Audi wins in LMP1, the #34 Porsche wins in LMP2, the #59 Aston Martin wins in GT1, and the in #96 Ferrari wins in GT2.

That would mean 2 points for LMP1 for getting the team right, 1 point in LMP2 for getting the manufacturer right, 4 points in GT1 for getting the winner right, and 0 points in GT2 for getting nothing right, for a total of 7 points.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I'm thinking for the predictions, we need to make a new thread after test/qualification.

I was thinking of two ways to do it, either you just pick the car numbers to win and whoever gets the most wins, or we use a points system, something like this, or we could hold two separate competitions simultaneously.

4 points for guessing the right car.
    2 points for guessing the right team.
    1 point for guessing the right manufacturer.

If you get one right, they do not add up.

So let's say someone chose the #1 Audi in LMP1, #31 Porsche in LMP2, #59 Aston Martin in GT1, and #80 Porsche in GT2.

The race results come in, and the #2 Audi wins in LMP1, the #34 Porsche wins in LMP2, the #59 Aston Martin wins in GT1, and the in #96 Ferrari wins in GT2.

That would mean 2 points for LMP1 for getting the team right, 1 point in LMP2 for getting the manufacturer right, 4 points in GT1 for getting the winner right, and 0 points in GT2 for getting nothing right, for a total of 7 points.

What do you guys think?
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I agree.
    As I said, I think we should do both. One with the point system, and the other just picking the winners and we may get 2 winners.

Here is the entry list for the Group C support race.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Off to enjoy the atmosphere.
    See you in a week's time unless the weather's sh!t and the pub has WiFi
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Enjoy yourself. Wish I was their.
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Off to enjoy the atmosphere.
    See you in a week's time unless the weather's sh!t and the pub has WiFi
    See you there!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The Racing Box Lucchini has been withdrawn. This might open up a gap for the second Epsilon, which has Gounon, Johansson and Nakano as drivers.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The Racing Box Lucchini has been withdrawn. This might open up a gap for the second Epsilon, which has Gounon, Johansson and Nakano as drivers.
    I guess they realized it was futile?

So I guess we are replacing one really slow and unreliable car with a slow car.

Amazing.

I guess they realized it was futile?

So I guess we are replacing one really slow and unreliable car with a slow car.

Amazing.
    Slow? With that driver line-up and the constant updates, it should be right behind the top Oreca, Pesca and Aston-Lola. Slow would be the #4 Pesca or the Chamberlain Lola.

(Ted Joans)

It probably will break though......can never have too many new cars at Le Mans though, especially one thats as interesting as the Epsilon....

Does the other car have all Spanish driver? as this one has one star-studded Line-up for Le Mans....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    It probably will break though......can never have too many new cars at Le Mans though, especially one thats as interesting as the Epsilon....

Does the other car have all Spanish driver? as this one has one star-studded Line-up for Le Mans....
    Anguel Burgueno, Miguel Angel de Castro and Adrian Valles. Very Spanish and very fast.

(Ted Joans)

Slow? With that driver line-up and the constant updates, it should be right behind the top Oreca, Pesca and Aston-Lola. Slow would be the #4 Pesca or the Chamberlain Lola.
    I thought that the EE1 has been brutal in the LMS at least of what I've followed.

Is not the Dome faster as well?

I thought that the EE1 has been brutal in the LMS at least of what I've followed.

Is not the Dome faster as well?
    Brutal? Is that slang for getting quicker at every opportunity?

(Ted Joans)

Brutal? Is that slang for getting quicker at every opportunity?
    No it was said in somewhat levity Wouter - I was not being entirely serious.

I will try to look up some more information as to their progress in the LMS.

EDIT: Before I delve further into analyzing the progress of the Euskadi team, I see they are second form last in the LMS standings with a total of 2 points.

So relatively, they may not be brutal considering they are a new team and all that, but absolutely, they definitely are what I would classify as brutal.

Maybe our definitions of brutal and slow differ however.

EDIT 2: Now I have actually looked into the numbers and done an amateur statistical analysis for qualifying at least - it is hard to compare them with Peugeot as Peugeot may be consistently getting faster, but I found it easiest to do so by comparing them with the pole sitter.

So here's the 3 LMS races:

Barcelona

Pole: 91.875

Euskadi: 96.922

5.0 seconds off pole

104.7%

4th Slowest

Monza

Pole: 91.470

Euskadi: 97.022

5.6 seconds of pole

106.1%

5th Slowest

Spa

Pole: 118.069

Euskadi: 127.051

107.6%

9.0 seconds off pole

4th Slowest

So at least when compared with Peugeot's time, the EE1 has been getting getting further off the pace race by race - thet have been pretty consistently the bottom of the cars that are vaguely on the pace however - the cars behind them are the ones that really struggle and are well behind, the Lavaggi, the AER Lola, and the Saulnier Pescarolo.

I would sum up that the Epsilon is the slowest of the cars that are actually on the pace of the leaders, so while me calling them brutal may be incorrect in comparison with the aforementioned three cars at least on pace, based on their actual race results I would say it is fair to classify them as brutal, and certainly fair to classify them as slow.

All this being said, I hear they have improved some suspension(?) parts for the car at Le Mans and for hopefully for their sake, this will give them some more speed.
    Last edited by Kitdy; 06-10-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Thread Information