Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus Evija 2020

I like the e. In fact I registered on Honda's spanish website to receive information on it. I recently changed jobs and an electric commuter would fit perfectly. If the price is right and I can work on the logistics, why not?

On the standard plug, I'm sure it will come, eventually. In the same way it did for mobile phones.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I like the e. In fact I registered on Honda's spanish website to receive information on it. I recently changed jobs and an electric commuter would fit perfectly. If the price is right and I can work on the logistics, why not?

On the standard plug, I'm sure it will come, eventually. In the same way it did for mobile phones.
    Definitely let the forum know what you think of it if you get one. Electric cars are not something I can ignore, but I can still have the option of choosing an internal combustion engine for the time being.

I like my (partially) electric car!

I find it really engaging to drive; the same stimulation from driving a sporty car, just coming from a different heading. I don't hypermile as such because I think it's dangerous (and dull), but driving efficiently is rewarding in it's own right. It's admittedly not as pleasurable as sporty driving, but it adds some engagement to otherwise mundane commuting and errands. Manual box, aluminum chassis made on the same line as the NSX and S2000, 1,800lb, magnesium engine components, and lean-burn and other interesting technology... I am, shall we say, drinking the koolaid.

(I find it much more compelling than the hybrid supercars)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Definitely let the forum know what you think of it if you get one. Electric cars are not something I can ignore, but I can still have the option of choosing an internal combustion engine for the time being.
    Oh, I am not giving up ICE cars at all. They'll have to take them away from my cold dead hands.

But, if you have a 15 mile commute in which you sit idle around traffic most of the time and your top speed is about 60mph, what is the point of having a six cylinder, 340bhp car? Surely something like the e makes a lot of sense and then on weekends you spend your time enjoying straight six creaminess. And it feels like less of a waste.
    Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post

I find it really engaging to drive; the same stimulation from driving a sporty car, just coming from a different heading. I don't hypermile as such because I think it's dangerous (and dull), but driving efficiently is rewarding in it's own right. It's admittedly not as pleasurable as sporty driving, but it adds some engagement to otherwise mundane commuting and errands. Manual box, aluminum chassis made on the same line as the NSX and S2000, 1,800lb, magnesium engine components, and lean-burn and other interesting technology... I am, shall we say, drinking the koolaid.

I like the Insight. I like when Honda is Honda. And I think that the e has the makings to be a proper Honda. I'm quite interested in it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post

Very cool ride! I'm curious about the batteries on the Insight. Did you have to replace them? They must be some 15 odd years old now. In certain ways, the Insight is a modern interpretation of the CRX. Also, if you ever decide to do a K20 swap and rip out the batteries, it's already light and very aerodynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Oh, I am not giving up ICE cars at all. They'll have to take them away from my cold dead hands.

But, if you have a 15 mile commute in which you sit idle around traffic most of the time and your top speed is about 60mph, what is the point of having a six cylinder, 340bhp car? Surely something like the e makes a lot of sense and then on weekends you spend your time enjoying straight six creaminess. And it feels like less of a waste.

I like the Insight. I like when Honda is Honda. And I think that the e has the makings to be a proper Honda. I'm quite interested in it.
    I guess, but maybe buying 2 cars when potentially you could own 1 may not be worth the trade off in extra registration/insurance cost? I guess we're always looking for the 1 car solution rather than a 2 car solution. If you can afford it, I guess why the hell not.

It's nearing its last legs; I'm bracing myself to replace the battery.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Lotus Evija (Type 130) #6

Lotus Evija (Type 130) #7

Thread Information