Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The best car EVER

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    The Maclaren F1 definatly!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

I think when it comes down to it, it could very well be the Mini. You need something, in my view, that is 1) Practical 2) Sporty 3) Good performer 4) Comfortable 5) Reliable So I think I pick the Mini, or like an '85 Volvo 240 Turbo. Or pretty much any Volvo in the last 30 years. However they cost a lot to maintain, or so I read.

Citroen Ds.

End of story.

Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, oohh yeah nice car but a bit pricy!!!

Diablo SV at least thats what I love.
    97 Viper GTS
    93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

its very hard to say, many cars were veri important, like porsches 911 and 917K, mclaren f1 or miura

DS is an undeniably great car. The engine, though small, had all the power you'll ever need, and it's still futuristic NOW! I think it could have saved Citroen in the 70s if they has tried to sell it in post-fuel-crisis America. The small engine (2.3 litres on the biggest-engined model) would give it the economy people wanted, and it had the size and performance that the Japanese imports of the day lacked.
    DS for "best car", but 1955 300SLR coupe for coolest. 180 mph in the most beautiful car on earth (DS being second, Jaguar XKE third).
    UCP's second biggest classic-car fan. Representing the 1% of kids who love REAL cars : the classics

UCP mac user #3

TN55- latte-drinking, sushi-eating, Volvo-driving liberal extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Turbonutter55
    DS is an undeniably great car. The engine, though small, had all the power you'll ever need, and it's still futuristic NOW! I think it could have saved Citroen in the 70s if they has tried to sell it in post-fuel-crisis America. The small engine (2.3 litres on the biggest-engined model) would give it the economy people wanted, and it had the size and performance that the Japanese imports of the day lacked.
    DS for "best car", but 1955 300SLR coupe for coolest. 180 mph in the most beautiful car on earth (DS being second, Jaguar XKE third).
    But remember, to our American buddies French are pinko commie cheese eating surrender-monkeys...

At the current retromobile exhibition in Paris 50 years of DS is being celebrated. Apart from a number of complete cars, there are also some engines on show that were intended to replace the four pot, but never made it. There are two flat sixes, a V6 and even a a three liter V8 designed in 1960 with 130 BHP.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Mini Cooper 'S' ( not the BMW )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

vw beetle (original)

a car that gave mobility to 21,529,464 people, what car could be more influential.

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    vw beetle (original)

a car that gave mobility to 21,529,464 people, what car could be more influential.
    Were not looking for the most influential .. were looking for the best. 21,529,464 people can tell you its not

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    Were not looking for the most influential .. were looking for the best. 21,529,464 people can tell you its not
    maybe most influential does mean best

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    maybe most influential does mean best
    It was so popular because it was so cheap Cheap steering, cheap materials, cheap drivers

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige:
    It was so popular because it was so cheap Cheap steering, cheap materials, cheap drivers
    exactly cheap components means accessibility to everyone

how many people have driven let alone own a mclaren f1, can't really be pronounced 'best car ever' if noone has driven it :P

i bet you could pick up a beetle for the price of one wheelnut for the f1

Thread Information