Thread: Car Videos on Youtube

Car Videos on Youtube

Are there any channels you guys watch on Youtube for car content? I subscribe to a whole bunch of channels- Evo, Petrolicious, Everyday Car Reviews, Drive, 19Bozzy92 and Car Throttle.

Of course, I don't watch everything, but I pick and choose.

Some members seem to be actively making videos too- I think Toldi does rally videos.

Speaking of which, I don't watch Drive anymore because they did that paid subscription thing. I watch Youtube because I don't want to pay.

I rarely watch car videos in Youtube. And when I do it because they've been posted by someone in other sites (like here).
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Are there any channels you guys watch on Youtube for car content? I subscribe to a whole bunch of channels- Evo, Petrolicious, Everyday Car Reviews, Drive, 19Bozzy92 and Car Throttle.

Of course, I don't watch everything, but I pick and choose.

Some members seem to be actively making videos too- I think Toldi does rally videos.

Speaking of which, I don't watch Drive anymore because they did that paid subscription thing. I watch Youtube because I don't want to pay.
    Of those mentioned, I watch Evo, with the Evo Diaries being the only videos I regularly watch. Harry Metcalfe and Steve Sutcliffe seem to provide the best videos from them; all the ones with preposterously-English names seem to produce much more inconsistent content.

Petrolicious can be a bit overblown, but the cinematography is good as is their selection of cars. It's sort of like a soft-focus Jay Leno's Garage without all of his interesting commentary.

Regular Car Reviews is good and funny, with some genuine insight and good writing between the grunting, scatological humor, and Pennsylvania in-jokes.

Drive's move to paid service has annoyed me too. Call me entitled, but the content they provide is not worth my money. Like their blog counterpart, Jalopnik, they provide middling clickbait with little insight or helpful information. I had high hopes for them, because Spinelli seemed to be better than the rest of the Gawker set. I like Chris Harris, but his endless Teutophilia can be pretty wearisome.

The above-mentioned Jay Leno's Garage is among my favorites; Leno''s impeccable taste in cars and attitude towards the hobby make it an incredibly pleasant 'show' to watch.

Mighty Car Mods is another good'un. Comparisons to Top Gear are a bit facile, but it follows the same multiple presenters with chemistry and charisma doing things in and around cars. It also caters to the (small, but growing) market for videos about Japanese or modified cars not made for or by idiots.

Roadkill, like MCM, is just a could of friends messing around having adventures in cars. Though their attitudes can be a little old-school for my tastes, it never fails to provide a bit of mindless fun.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    The Smoking Tire.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Winding Road has some nice videos, i really like the porsche videos in modern classics section.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

I second the MCM fandom, am a large fan. I have subbed for Drive+, it's actually cheaper here for some reason (A$3.49) for some bizarre reason and I do rather like them. How long that lasts, we'll see, but I'm willing to give them a go.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Of those mentioned, I watch Evo, with the Evo Diaries being the only videos I regularly watch. Harry Metcalfe and Steve Sutcliffe seem to provide the best videos from them; all the ones with preposterously-English names seem to produce much more inconsistent content.

Petrolicious can be a bit overblown, but the cinematography is good as is their selection of cars. It's sort of like a soft-focus Jay Leno's Garage without all of his interesting commentary.

Regular Car Reviews is good and funny, with some genuine insight and good writing between the grunting, scatological humor, and Pennsylvania in-jokes.

Drive's move to paid service has annoyed me too. Call me entitled, but the content they provide is not worth my money. Like their blog counterpart, Jalopnik, they provide middling clickbait with little insight or helpful information. I had high hopes for them, because Spinelli seemed to be better than the rest of the Gawker set. I like Chris Harris, but his endless Teutophilia can be pretty wearisome.

The above-mentioned Jay Leno's Garage is among my favorites; Leno''s impeccable taste in cars and attitude towards the hobby make it an incredibly pleasant 'show' to watch.

Mighty Car Mods is another good'un. Comparisons to Top Gear are a bit facile, but it follows the same multiple presenters with chemistry and charisma doing things in and around cars. It also caters to the (small, but growing) market for videos about Japanese or modified cars not made for or by idiots.

Roadkill, like MCM, is just a could of friends messing around having adventures in cars. Though their attitudes can be a little old-school for my tastes, it never fails to provide a bit of mindless fun.
    Harry Metcalfe was a very good car reviewer- I enjoyed his Evo Diaries immensely. I was sad that he left for Jaguar, but he's still doing things that he likes.

Jay Leno is also amazing for his very brief history of the marque and model every time he talks about a car. His knowledge of cars is exquisite, as is his collection. He does however seem to have a prejudice against Ferraris, although he is still incredibly knowledgeable about them. He just doesn't seem to want to own one.

I will have to check out Winding Road.

Drive really isn't all that serious- I would rank it slightly lower than Top Gear honestly. The talk show portion run by Mike Spinelli bores me to tears, Chris Harris can be entertaining but to me he's just a really short and young clone of Jeremy Clarkson. And JF Musial absolutely drives me nuts. His monotone voice really puts me to sleep.

The Smoking Tire is better than Drive, and although Matt Farah is on Drive too, at least they actually review cars instead of mindlessly just talking about the cars.

The content on Drive is boring because most of their content is a podcast on video form. Which I could read about in 5 or so minutes instead of watch a 20 minute video on something.

I wish there was more content on Japanese cars. Petrolicous sometimes has a bit, but not nearly as much as I'd want.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    The only Metcalfe video I have ever watched was in his Ferrari 330, and I was so tuned into the sound of the Colombo V12 that I don't even remember if his commentary was any good or not.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Harry Metcalfe has started his own youtube channel, Harry's garage.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrZ7yBG4SOQ"]Harrys Garage launch video - YouTube[/ame]
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games"
    -Ernest Hemingway

I'm adding a couple of channels to my subscription list here. Cheers, thanks!

Turning money into memories.

If you like classics, you might appreciate ours: http://youtube.com/c/myclassicrideeuofficial

Inside Garage YouTube channel

Check out Inside Garage's YouTube channel. We do profile videos on awesome cars from the 80's and 70's and get the story behind the build.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgI...ZvkGNQSxk_SMgg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information