Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breakthrough Tech or Breakthrough Scam?

Breakthrough Tech or Breakthrough Scam?

My friend, knowing I know a thing or two about cars, called me today to see what i had to say about this website PICC. I'm thinking its not really going to improve the gas mileage like they say it will, they have various claims of 300% increase as well as 5 times the mpg. The description of how the technology works seems pretty illegitimate to me. But i could be wrong, so what do you guys think?

It seems like it would make sense but the site doesn't look that legit. I don't know what to say...

Its from new jersey, its a lie.

They dont mention anything in the write up about running on strange fuels, but in the video they do. Seems odd.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03 View Post
    My friend, knowing I know a thing or two about cars, called me today to see what i had to say about this website PICC. I'm thinking its not really going to improve the gas mileage like they say it will, they have various claims of 300% increase as well as 5 times the mpg. The description of how the technology works seems pretty illegitimate to me. But i could be wrong, so what do you guys think?

If this would work, would it be against "vested interests" and therefore not be adopted by the car makers themselves?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Im watching the video through again, and the guys say alot of semi contradicting things, He says at one point they replace the existing cat with theirs, but thats not pre ignition cat is it

EDIT: and I quote "your current unmodified engine already runs on water - it runs right now on hydrocarbons, hydrogen is a componant of water. the other component of water is oxygen - which is injected into the air intake thus hydrogen and oxygen is being burnt in your engine, right now"

seems shadier the more i watch the video.

also apparently changing your oil will be a thing of the past with this thing too.
    Last edited by whiteballz; 04-09-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

the only reason this could be plausible to me, is that the reason noone has heard of it because it is so new, the copyright is 2007-2008, but i still doubt it.

Two words- Huge Scam.

... this would make a chemist want to pull their hair out and scream. Petrol Co's already spend millions on refinement and processing. If this seems plausible to you I highly recommend you learn at least the basics of chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Two words- Huge Scam.

... this would make a chemist want to pull their hair out and scream. Petrol Co's already spend millions on refinement and processing. If this seems plausible to you I highly recommend you learn at least the basics of chemistry.
    Yep. Scam as soon as they say you can burn all the gas. As we've learned in physics, an engine with an Carnot efficiency of 100% is impossible and violates the laws of physics.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't!
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

It was a bit stupid in the video to put many odd liquids in the jar like tomato sauce, Pepsi and Coke?
    I don't think the engine ran long enough for all the added liquids to get to the engine. Hmmm.....Adding sugar to the fuel, kind of makes toffee in the engine usually...

The hydrogen cell will work to a degree but i don't know about the savings they are claiming.... As for the PICC? It isn't available yet. It would be good to hear from someone who has tried the hydrogen system.....

Read this linked article on the inventor
    News | Update: Inventor Paul Pantone’s battle to escape the Utah state asylum lurches once more into the unknown

Last edited by revetec; 04-10-2008 at 01:39 PM.

Somehow I think several law of thermodynamic is breached here....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03 View Post
    they have various claims of 300% increase as well as 5 times the mpg.
    There's your answer there.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

This happens when you put cola in the engine oil and beer in the gas tank.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i believe it to be total BS

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Yep. Scam as soon as they say you can burn all the gas. As we've learned in physics, an engine with an Carnot efficiency of 100% is impossible and violates the laws of physics.
    Called incomplete combustion?

Scam
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Thread Information