Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mother looses kids due to swastika...

[QUOTE=roosterjuicer;818697]If you want to raise your kids Catholic, Jewish, hindu, muslim, white supremacist, black supremacist, speaking multiple languages, asian, black, white, hispanic or anything in between thats your right as a parent whether or not the state agree's with it.
    [QUOTE]

There's nothing wrong with raising your kids to be catholic, jewish, hindu, muslim but I don't understand how you can say that parents raising their children to be racist is okay. Kid's minds are delicate things, they'll believe whatever you tell them is right. What do you think is a major factor for having racism still exist? A good deal of it is because kids are raised in a home where their parents don't teach them that racism is wrong.

I think this is terrible and i'm glad she had her children taken away, purely because growing up with religions 99.9% of the time don't end up with the child being taught to hurt other people (until these religions' rules are twisted by 'extremists' - who clearly don't know that suicide and murder lead to hell in Islam, for instance).
    On the contrary, growing up a Nazi will instantly alienate the child and cause a deep-felt resentment towards ethnic groups, others of religious beliefs or sexualities, etc and will incite hatred and pain.

imo you can raise your kids how you want as long as it doesn't negatively effect others or the children themselves are not twisted/effected... in this case they may well have been.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Wow, that mother is retarded.

You'd get your ass kicked within two seconds of walking into any school.

That's just not smart. You can believe what you want to believe, but you can't just do whatever you want.

And besides, you have to respect others, even if what they believe doesn't agree with what you think is acceptable.

I think this goes under obscenity, which is why the mother lost the kid. It is obscene because it interferes with the general public in some way. Of course, I am looking at it from an American law viewpoint. Not sure about Canada. And, I am an absolute amateur in law. Absolutely hate it, but I must know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    On the contrary, growing up a Nazi will instantly alienate the child and cause a deep-felt resentment towards ethnic groups, others of religious beliefs or sexualities, etc and will incite hatred and pain.
    Do you really think that christian/muslim/catholic/any other religion hatred of homosexuality is any different from....race based racism?? Human rights are for everyone, not just the people you think are right.
    GO CANADA
    37 Courageous RCSCC
    Retired Chief Petty Officer First Class

Quote Originally Posted by pimp_squeak View Post
    Do you really think that christian/muslim/catholic/any other religion hatred of homosexuality is any different from....race based racism?? Human rights are for everyone, not just the people you think are right.
    Many don't possess a hatred for homosexuality, but rather the act of sodomy... (I don't speak for everyone, just one of the opinions of most people i know. The irony is, the most homophobic few people i know are actually atheist. )

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Many don't possess a hatred for homosexuality, but rather the act of sodomy... (I don't speak for everyone, just one of the opinions of most people i know. The irony is, the most homophobic few people i know are actually atheist. )
    I know a lot of fairly religious people who enjoy sodomy (in a normal relationship of course), and while I'm not atheist but agnostic, I harbour no malice or hold the practice, or homosexuality in low regard...many close friends of mine are gay.

Any way you cut it, many religious people are just as racist as nazis, just without the deathcamps.
    GO CANADA
    37 Courageous RCSCC
    Retired Chief Petty Officer First Class

I'm glad the kids got taken away, but I certainly don't think it's "right". In my eyes it's no different from christian parents teaching their children their beliefs, and sending them to school wearing "WWJD" clothing...I don't see much of a difference between the holocaust and the crusades, aside from the time between them....
    Or from what the state of Israel is doing in the occupied territories...

Over here in Portugal the kid would just have to clean is arm and i'm sure the mother would be spoken to. Also, the exibition of religious symbols is proihibited, you cannot wear crosses on the outside or your head covered as in muslim cultures, being atheist i don't really give a c**p to what ppl put in there heads or necks.

In this case the mother most probably suffers from brainwashe desease and really as no clear idea of what the swastika means in modern society, wonce a simbol of peace and serenity it now has become a symbol of evil and racism.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Human rights are for everyone, not just the people you think are right.
    My thoughts exactly.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Yes everyone deserves human rights, even those who you think are wrong, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Should mass murderers have the right to kill people and be free? When you begin to harm other people certain rights of yours should be taken away.

I agree, the ole' "your right to swing your fist stops at the other man's face".

So i suppose the issue here is, wether or not the lady is causing the kind of harm where rights should be taken away.

We all agree the mom is an idiot. But its not illegal to be an idiot. The mom needs a stern talking to about writing the swastika on the girls arm and the kid should not be allowed on school property with anything like that drawn on her but the bottom line is that no matter how stupid she is and how "right" it seems to take her kid away because she's raising her wrong its not actually right and i dont believe its legal. As soon as this thing goes to court (and there arent some other neglect/abuse/ect... issues) she's getting her child back I can almost guarantee it. Unless the canadian constitution and legal system is waaay different than ours.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Fair enough. Nobody is perfect but I believe certain people (really all people just for good measure) should be denied the right to have kids until they complete some type of parenting school. Children are the future and I don't want racism passed down.

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03 View Post
    Fair enough. Nobody is perfect but I believe certain people (really all people just for good measure) should be denied the right to have kids until they complete some type of parenting school
    Thats a completely different can of worms. Personally i think people should be denied the right to have kids if they cant afford kids. Having a child costs just as much as buying a really nice car or decent house but you dont have to get pre approved to have a kid haha.

But just because i think it doesn't mean its right or legal.
    Last edited by roosterjuicer; 07-14-2008 at 12:05 PM.

What about that wacky american christian family that teach their kids that homosexual people are going to get us all sent to hell and teach them to parade around with boards that say "god hates fags"? Have they had their kids removed? And if not, why not?

I know it's a different country, obviously, but it's pretty similar ground morally, imho.

Thread Information