Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nintendo kinda sucks now...

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Im not denying that nintendo had a brilliant idea when they came out with wii. im just saying it sucks, it has very few decent games. and most of the games that do sell big are cooking games or stupid stuff like that.

I do hope they figure out true 1-1 control because i know that shaking my wrist so swing a sword is really no more gratifying that pushing A.
    They have figured out true 1:1 control. I should've mentioned that in my earlier post but the motion sensor attachment for Wii Sports: Resort allows for 1:1 control.

But yea...that was most certainly a big disappointment when i started playing zelda.

Yeah i know the motion sensor is supposed to fix everything but ill wait and see till it comes out.

also, even though they might have the cabability it wouldn't surprise me if developers just kept doing the "twitch your wrist" thing with most games.

also, the games on wii sports resort look crappy. they should keep all those games and also redo real sports like tennis, baseball, bowling, golf ect... and put those on wii sports resort. those could all really benifit from 1-1.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    mario kart on wii is a great game and you can play online.
    I was kinda going for 1 player games. Mario Kart looks cool and I've played it, but it's not much of a great career mode game. GT4 was a better career mode game.

The thing about the "twith the wrist" is that YES, the movements in the games that we've played can be emulated by a simpler flick ... but you also get the same effect by brandishing the sword, racket, bat etc in "real life" manner and it works. So I dont' see the complaint ... if someone wants it to feel more 'real' then use 'real' movements .... if someone wants to get through qucik with minial effort then use the wrist

However, getting the new add-on for better detection and scope for wider range of variation in movement coudl be good.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I think what Nintendo have done is an absolutely genius piece of marketing and product development.

They know for a fact they can't compete with the likes of the 360 and PS3 in terms of the ultra high tech, cutting edge graphics and gameplay that the 'serious' gamers (ie geeks) go for. They tried to compete with the Gamecube and got hammered by the competition.

What they've done with their pricing and software/hardware development strategy is to appeal to the kind of people who have probably never bought or played games before, the kind of people who would be scared off by the large price tags and geeky/techy connotations and mumbo-jumbo of the other two consoles. And also the pricing means that "serious gamers" are likely to have a Wii as a supplement to the "serious gaming" on their 360s/PS3s/PCs for occasional drunken Mario Kart shenanigans with their buddies. They might not have the number of 1-player games to keep the hardcore gamer types happy, but the likes of Zelda, Mario Galaxy etc are more than enough for the casual gamer.

They've pulled off an absolute masterstroke in my opinion, and the sales figures appear to back that up.
    So basically its the Mac of the gaming world.

Yeah the thing about Nintendo is that they have the most fun gameplay, its hard not to have fun playing a game on the Wii but there aren't a LOT of games you enjoy playing through or playing more than once in a while.

the 360 will prevail if ps3 doesn't make a stand soon.

the wii took the initial start in next gen. consoles. However, seeing as how the graphics in the 360 and ps3 are, the wii is no longer as great as it once was. But the wii continues to be one of the best party consoles (excluding hardcore gamers). My dad likes the wii a lot because the games are simple, and there's not a lot of reading to do and such (he's an immigrant and english isn't his first language).
    - A 1 7

In my opinion,the greatness of Nintendo comes mostly from the Nintendo Entertainment System/NES, the Super Nintendo and the first Gameboy. Playing games like Super Mario Brothers 1, 2 or 3, Tetris, Street Fighter 2 The World Warrior, Street Fighter 2 Championship Edition, early Zelda games and Castlevania was so much fun. Those early games on early Nintendo consoles are timeless games indeed. Personally, I think the Nintendo Wii is very good and the Game Cube was quite good but the early Nintendo consoles and games were just so much more fun to play. Most of us will have great memories from playing those great old games on NES, SNES and the first Gameboy.
    Last edited by john14; 07-19-2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Mistakes in the post.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Dont forget mario 64. When that game came out it truly revolutionized gaming forever.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Thread Information