Thread: Interesting turbo-rotary Mercedes (ebay link)

very nice project! would be off-putting hearing a rotary and seeing a benz especially if it gets ported..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

lol, sweet
    May the downforce be with you

I bet thats reliable.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

I wonder if that blows as much exhaust as the triple rotor Eunos i was behind the other night that almost had me passing out. I'd imagine though it'll go for alot more than the current reserve.
    I am the Stig

Can't wait for people to start complaining that a V-8 would be a more economical alternative.

Still, interesting concept. I wouldn't buy it though. Too flashy, with the huge intercooler and all.

Interesting car. It would look much better with a lip or something under the intercooler.

Here's another turbo-rotary Benz conversion. The engine is quite an choice for this type of car

This old beast was originally fitted with an all alloy 3.0L straight six. With the engine being a slow, noisy old thing why not change the engine. Hang on, why not be really different and swap it for a 13B turbo. The car was featured in a magazine when it was just built. Since then the turbo has been downsized to a standard SIV RX7 turbo due to gearbox and diff problems. The engine is an extend ported SIV 13B running with a Jatco 4spd auto. It runs on a Microtech LTX8 to control fuel and spark. The intercooler is a modified 20B Cosmo unit. It is a great cruising car with the totally overhauled factory air suspension providing a supreme ride and it is also nice and quiet. Everyone asks how it goes being in such a heavy car, well the car only weighs a bit over 1500kg as it is now and it has a bit over 200hp at the wheels. The standard 6.3 V8 Benz had just under 200hp at the wheels and was good for a 14sec 1/4mile. Once it comes on boost it goes about as well as the standard 20B Cosmo which is pretty respectable for a big old Benz.
    Been around for several years and reputedly a very neatly done swap (currently for sale @ AUD$11,000 with spare car)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information