Thread: It's Official: The '05 Infiniti G35

It's Official: The '05 Infiniti G35

I wanted to post this yesterday but did not get a chance to. I was on the nissannews.com site and this is what I found. By the way, does anyone have access to better/more pics of what the interior looks like with the six speed manual (6MT) as well as the new 19'' rims on the coupe. Actually anymore pics of whatever kind would be appreciated!!!

2005 Infiniti G35 Offers Significant Enhancements [June 3, 04]

SAN FRANCISCO (June 3, 2004) – Infiniti, Nissan’s luxury division, today announced a number of significant enhancements to its popular G35 sport coupe and G35 sport sedan for the 2005 model year in North America. The changes include the introduction of a new coupe Sport model, a redesigned exterior appearance for the sedan and a redesigned instrument panel and console area with aluminum trim or optional wood trim on both the 2005 G35 coupe and G35 sedan.

Another major enhancement for the new model year is an increase in power for all G35 sedans to 277 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque (from 260 hp/260 lb-ft). The G35 sedan lineup, which added a new all-wheel drive version in the 2004 model year, also receives new exterior styling for 2005 – featuring a new hood, grille, bumpers, side sills, taillights and wheels.

The G35 coupe’s new Sport model will be available in an advanced 5-speed automatic transmission or with a close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission. The Sport 6MT model receives an additional 15-plus horsepower over automatic-equipped G35 coupe’s standard 280 horsepower, bringing its power to the 295-horsepower range (final figures to be released later).

In addition, the manual transmission design on both coupe and sedan models has been improved to provide a lower shifting effort.

The 2005 G35 sedan will be offered in four models, each equipped with a standard 3.5-liter V6, 4-wheel independent suspension and the refined exterior. For 2005, the sport-tuned suspension package has been upgraded with 18-inch lightweight cast aluminum wheels with 235/45R18 tires and drilled aluminum pedals.

The G35 coupe will be offered in three models for 2005, Coupe, Coupe Sport A/T and Coupe Sport 6MT. Both Sport models include a new sport-tuned suspension, Viscous Limited-Slip Differential (V-LSD), 19-inch forged aluminum-alloy wheels and drilled aluminum pedals.

“Infiniti built its reputation on a stunning combination of powerful rear-wheel and all-wheel drive vehicles and outstanding customer service,” said Mark Igo, vice president and general manager, Infiniti Division. “The G35 has been a key element in our recent product line expansion and with the enhancements for 2005, our product momentum remains strong.”

The 2005 Infiniti G35 sedan and coupe with automatic transmissions are scheduled to be available at Infiniti dealers in North America beginning in October 2004. Manual transmission equipped models will go on sale in December 2004.

The announcement came during the Nissan 360 news media event, a three-week program in San Francisco featuring the automaker’s current and future worldwide product and business plans. At the event, about 500 reporters had the opportunity to drive nearly 70 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles to familiarize themselves with the breadth of Nissan’s global product lineup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good update. One of the best cars on the market gets even better.
    "The good news is, not one of the 50 states has the death penalty for speeding....although I'm not too sure about Ohio."

Sesquipedalian -- a really cool word. It means long-winded, polysyllabic, or verbose. See the word describes itself...isn't that neat?

1988 Nissan 200SX SE V6

UCP's most hardcore S12 fan!

Da Baddest G...

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    Good update. One of the best cars on the market gets even better.
    Oohhh yeah. One of the best cars on the road, mos def. I love that G.

Almost 300hp, that is freaking amazing. But I have a feeling that it would perform the same way given all the new enhancements adding weight, so the power to weight ratio might still be the same. But oh well, the interior is looking to be a whole lot better.

By the way, if anybody still has some more pics, I want to see them.

What About The 350z

Does anyone know what might happen to the 350Z. Would it gain more power. From what I know, the 350Z is still rated at 287hp.

I dont think the parent company Nissan might want to have the power increase in a luxury sports coupe (G35 at 295hp) exceed that in their mainstream sports car.

Great update, never really liked the old G35 sedan, look a bit ungainly in my opinion, but now its cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    Great update, never really liked the old G35 sedan, look a bit ungainly in my opinion, but now its cool.
    agreed
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Not that I dont like the car, but I think the current model is and for ever well be the best.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Ooh, soundin' (and lookin') great! From what I can tell from the third picture, it looks like they fixed the one problem I had with the current model: the backend just wasn't as "purdy" as the front. Now all I need is a job and I can get one of these bad boys .
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

It seems to be an avid performer...but its kindof funny looking to me

I think a roadster version of the G35 Coupe would be cool, not too hard surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    I think a roadster version of the G35 Coupe would be cool, not too hard surely?
    While I don't like convertibles, I'm sure a ton of people would love it ^^. I'd also like to maybe see AWD in the coupé (but maybe that's just a dream ).
    No-so-proud owner of a 1986 Mustang LX with the 2.3L four. Anyone wanna buy it? $500. I'll post some pics and info in the user's rides section soon.

I don't need anything too fancy, just something that can get me to the sun and back in 5 seconds flat.

I wanna see a comparison test between the Saleen SR, Lamborghini Gallardo, Ford GT, and Ferrari Challange Stradale. Anyone wanna help me with that? I already know who'd win, though ;).

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I'm sorry, I think this thing is uuuuuuuuugly!

Hi, i've read a lot of release dates in the december of 2004 but it's january and they havent been released yet. when anyone finds out when they will be at the infiniti dealers, let me know. thank you.

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)
    ok guys, dont flame me, but have you seen the veilside bodykit for the G35 coupe? very subtle changes, yet make it look tougher...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    blah.

Great, but the Wing ruins it.

Thread Information