Thread: Street legal cars factory equipped with race sanctioning bodies approved rollcages?

Street legal cars factory equipped with race sanctioning bodies approved rollcages?

Please tell me some examples.

I believe the Porsche GT3 street legal versions don't have door bars and the only rollcage section is behind the driver.

I guess their rollcages will require heavy padding to prevent you from being injured by hitting the metal tubes when not wearing a helmet and protective gear.

In Aus it's illegal to have a full cage in a street car because it makes it impossible to cut the car open in the event of a crash that causes the doors to be inoperable. Also bars across the doors make it harder to extract an injured person.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I believe you can drive about town in a caged Spec Miata in certain parts of the United States but it's not advised.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I believe you can drive about town in a caged Spec Miata in certain parts of the United States but it's not advised.
    I've seen one of these in Denver, CO. It's funny too because you would look at it and swear the the roll cage is the only modification. Wheels, tires, exhaust, body--everything else looks completely stock. Maybe regulations for his amateur racing league.

Spec Miata is pretty "spec". They are basically limited to stock configuration....

Its one of the easiest way to go wheel to wheel racing...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

I see. "Spec Miata" is its own thing. That makes sense now

Quote Originally Posted by Big time View Post
    I guess their rollcages will require heavy padding to prevent you from being injured by hitting the metal tubes when not wearing a helmet and protective gear.
    It's classed a 2 seater so nobody sits in the rear.
    AND the cage is behind the seat and thus doesn't fall foul of the rule for padding ( in MSA blue book ) as your head can't get back there .... or if it did then a little impact with steel is not going to matter
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information